The Pink Box

Y'/N's POV

They say your first time is awkward, not so great, and painful. That's exactly how it was nearly two months ago when Liam and I decided to lose our virginities in my bedroom when my parents went away for the weekend on business. It was awkward because we didn't know how to do it. We were inexperienced. We didn't know where our hands were supposed to go, where they should start first, and where they should roam around. Nor did we know who's supposed to take off their clothes first and the process of that (am I supposed to take off my own or is he supposed to for me? Vice versa). Lastly, we didn't know our weak spots, what we liked, and didn't like.

It was not so great either. We bumped heads more than we should have, like I said we didn't know how this was supposed to go. We had trouble with the condom, opening it without ripping it, if I was supposed to help him, or he preferred do it on his own.

Lastly, it was painful. I knew it would be because I hear girls say it all the time, but I never believed how painful it actually was. Liam kept asking me if I was okay and if he should stop. Of course, I told him not to stop and mentality told myself this couldn't be nearly as painful as giving birth, which I shouldn't have thought about because that of kind of killed the mood for a few minutes.

We'd seen it in movies, read about it, heard about it, and asked for advice before we did it, but it still didn't prepare two virgins. Sure we had our troubles, mistakes, and discomfort during our first time, but it was memorable and certainly not one to forget. Eventually, we became better at it after a lot of practice, and even tried some new things. It wasn't just something we wanted to do just because our hormones were begging for it, no, we were in love. I cared for Liam, wanted to protect him, and I love him. He wasn't just a boy, a fling, or someone just to get it over with. He was the guy I knew was worth waiting for and I'm glad I did, despite our first awkward time.

Liam rolled off to the side, a huge sigh escaping his swollen lips. I pulled the sheet to my chest, wrapping myself, leaving one hand on my chest and the other sprawled out on the pillow underneath my head. My chest rose and fell down quickly as I tried and catch my breath. "You're going to kill me, Dunbar." I panted between breaths.

Liam chuckled as he rolled over to his side and slung his arm around my covered waist, pulling himself against me. "Is that a complaint?" He began peppering my neck with soft kisses, his lips making their way to my sweet spot.

"Nooooo," I shook my head. I turned to face him. "Definitely not complaining." I winked.

Liam grinned. "Good." He pecked my lips quickly. "I'm so glad your parents are gone away for the weekend again. Can I sleep over?"

"I was hoping you would." I rested my head on his chest and my body was immediately secured in his arms. Liam pressed his lips against my forehead and the last thing I heard was his heartbeat slowly going into a steady pace before I fell into deep a slumber.

A month and a half later

I sat on a hard wooden chair and stared at the big clock on the wall at the library. "Where is she?" I groaned in frustration. It was my only free period. Normally I would spend it with Liam, but I had a huge math exam after free period, and I wanted Lydia to help prepare for the exam.

"Maybe something happened?" Kira answered my question with concern. "Lydia is never late."

I was about to say something when the double doors opened. Lydia rushed towards our table. "Sorry." She whispered quickly. "I was in the bathroom and found out Mother Nature decided to come with her monthly gift." She rolled her eyes, annoyed. "Which sucks cause I only had one pad left in my purse." Lydia looked at me. "Do you mind giving me one of yours? I don't have another one for later on."