Just A Bad Feeling

Last night was a breaking point for Liam and Y/N's friendship as they got into a huge argument about his new girlfriend, Hayden. Y/N wasn't one to stand in the way of Liam's happiness. He's a great guy and he's definitely someone Y/N saw herself with, but the age difference between them was a problem. He's a sophomore and Y/N's a senior who's getting ready to graduate high school and leave for college in a couple of months. It made sense for her to put her feelings aside and let Liam find someone his age.

Hayden was pretty, smart, athletic, and funny. It made sense why everyone, especially Liam, liked her, except Y/N. Every time Y/N saw her around school or talking and laughing with friends, Y/N had this horrible feeling down the pit of her stomach. Her gut instinct was telling her there was something off about Hayden, possibly bad. The more Liam got closer to her, the more intense Y/N 's gut feeling got. She tried to explain it to Liam last night, but he thought Y/N was crazy for thinking Hayden was evil because Liam said she wouldn't hurt a fly.

Walking towards the courtyard, Y/N's eyes landed on Liam's best friend with a girl sitting on one of the tables just outside of the cafeteria. Y/N quickened her pace as she overheard Mason and the girl talking about their science project with her werewolf hearing. Knowing she wasn't interrupting anything important, Y/N tapped Mason's shoulder. "Hey Mase, got a second?"

"Sure," Mason looked back at his science lab partner and told her he'd see her during class to talk more about the project. As soon as she left, Mason turned around back to Y/N. "What's up?"

Y/N tightened her grip around her backpack straps as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "Have you seen Liam? I can't seem to find him anywhere."

"Not since last night." Mason started packing up his book and notebook into his backpack.

"Oh," Y/N looked down at her shoes. "Okay, thanks."

Y/N took a couple of steps towards the school building before Mason caught up with her and kept up with her pace. "But I spoke to him this morning."

Y/N sighed as she stopped for a brief second to look back at Mason. "Is he still mad at me?"

Mason placed his hand on the small of her back and guided her towards their first class. "Honestly, he was pretty upset last night, which is why I think he skipped school to go to the beach."

"What?!" She gasped, which caused several people to turn towards her to see what happened. She shook her head as she kept walking and cleared her throat. "Liam has never missed a day of school, Mase. The kid has had perfect attendance since pre-k!"

"I know!" Mason nodded. "But this stupid fight y'all had-"

"It was not stupid, Mase." She defended. "I don't care how it makes me look, jealous, crazy, or just stupid, whatever you want to call it, I don't like Hayden. I just have a bad feeling about her."

"Look, this is between you and Liam. Please don't drag me into it."

"He already did when he clearly talked to you last night about our fight."

Mason sighed in defeat as they walked into their home economics class. Y/N noticed Liam's seat wasn't the only one empty. "Hey Mase?" She turned around to her left as Mason looked up from his homework. "Who did Liam go to the beach with?"

"Ummm...." Mason's eyes flickered to Hayden's desk and back to Y/N quickly.

"That's what I thought," she whispered to herself. "Was it hers or his idea?"

"I doubt it was Mr. Perfect Attendance's idea."

***

"Y/N? I need you to wake up," Y/N heard a voice muffled.