I'm Nothing Without Her - Part 3 (Final Chapter)

I watched Liam and Brett from the sidelines, standing next to my teammate Nolan. The team was completely quite as Brett ran towards Liam. Brett tricked him into thinking he was running to the left side before he changed his mind and ran to the right side. Liam missed Brett completely and ended up falling to the ground. Brett pulled his lacrosse stick back before he flung it forward, letting the lacrosse ball fly straight into the net, scoring a goal. The guys on the sidelines "Oooh-ed", completely impressed by Brett's trick.

"Perfect split dodge," Brett explained the play to us with a smirk on his face. He walked backwards until he reached the middle of the lacrosse field. He picked up the ball with his stick and started running towards Liam again. Liam charged towards Brett, only to be shoved to the side with Brett's shoulder, making him stumble to the ground again. Liam quickly looked up and saw Brett make another goal.

"Perfect rocker," Brett said as he walked by Liam. The guys were impressed by Brett's lacrosse skills.

"Just remember to cover your back, especially if your opponent's a dick," Liam explained to us as his eyes never left Brett's.

"You got some pretty big cleats to fill with Scott leaving. You ready for all of this?" Brett asked Liam.

"I managed all summer," Liam answered, causing me to roll my eyes as I let out a small scoff.

"Summer's over."

With my werewolf hearing, I could hear Liam panting heavily as he stared at Brett. I didn't need my werewolf senses to know he was getting angry. Everyone on the sidelines could see it. Liam was pissed Brett was kicking his ass on the field in front of everyone. As captain, he shouldn't be this bad. Maybe if he got his head out of his ass and used his werewolf powers, Liam would give Brett a challenge.

The entire team stayed quiet as we watched Brett running towards Liam again. Brett shoved Liam to the ground, his legs flying in the air before his back hit the hard ground again. The guys "Oooooo-ed"again. Liam grunted and huffed as he slowly got up from the ground. His anger was only getting worse by the second. I had no doubt he would be shifting any minute. Even though we weren't speaking to one another, I knew he was having trouble with his shift with everything going on in his life.

I turned around and saw Mason and Brett's sister, Lori, sitting on the stands, watching Brett and Liam on the field. They were talking about the first game starting in a couple of weeks before I looked back at Brett and Liam on the field. They somehow ended up inside the goal's net with Corey. When they untangled themselves and got up, Liam's breathing was getting heavier by the second. He walked back to his position and if looks could kill, Brett would be a dead man.

Brett was back at the center of the field. He picked up the lacrosse ball with his lacrosse stick again and ran towards Liam. Except this time, Liam bent down and threw Brett over his shoulder, instantly sending him to the ground. Liam picked up the ball and ran towards Corey, whose eyes grew wide with fear. Liam flung the ball to the net, making Corey fall back and the ball going inside the net.

Brett quickly got up and ran towards Liam. "There he is! There's that IED I remember. What's it stand for?" He asked.

I heard Liam's heart racing against his chest. My eyes flickered from his chest to his eyes, which turned gold as he gripped the lacrosse stick tight in his hands. He was seconds away from shifting and I knew I had to do something before anyone on the team would notice.

"Intermittent Explosive Disorder?" Brett asked Liam.

Suddenly, I was mad as I walked towards them. I don't know what Brett's plan was, but him taunting Liam wasn't helping. Being a werewolf himself, he should know better than to try and provoke an angry beta with anger issues.