No Light No Light (Part 2)

Warning: Cheating, swear words

Everyone in the hallway were cheering and hollering as the final bell rang, signaling the official last day of school and summer has begun. Y/N walked to her locker, politely saying 'excuse me' and 'sorry' as she made her way through the crowd. She spun the dial and opened her locker. It was nearly empty. Her textbooks had been returned and all she had left were her locker decorations and her gym bag filled with her volleyball gear she had to return before leaving school. She grabbed her things and started pulling off her magnetic decorations into her backpack. She came across a picture of her and Liam at the back of her locker. They looked so happy and in love as they looked into each other's eyes with smiles as big as the world. The picture brought a pang of pain to her heart. She grabbed it and stuffed it into her backpack, without caring if she bent or scratched the photo. She slammed the locker door shut and turned around, only to see the sight of Liam and Hayden together in front of her locker. She was blushing as he played with a lock of her curls.

It had been months since Liam and Y/N broke up, and it had only been recently since Y/N noticed Liam was getting closer to Hayden. She knew he was bound to start dating again, but she was kind of hoping she wouldn't be around when it finally did happen.

Y/N gripped the straps of her book bag and duffle bag tightly. She hated herself for driving Liam away, but at the same time she didn't blame him for leaving. Since the night they broke up, they hadn't talked to each other. Y/N tried to apologize and make things right with Liam, but he refused to talk to her. He said he needed some time and space from her to figure out some things. So, she gave him what he wanted. She stopped trying to talk to him, apologize, and work things out. Eventually, she removed herself from the pack, drifted away from everyone, believing she didn't deserve to be friends with Liam's friends. However, that didn't stop her or him from stealing glances at each other. They still cared about each other.

Y/N let out a deep frustrated sigh as she saw Hayden lean in and pecked Liam's cheek. From across the hallway, Liam heard it. He turned around and noticed Y/N rolling her eyes before she turned around and walked away.

It had been so long since he spoke to her and despite their horrible break up, the two never got any closure. Liam didn't want to start the summer with unfinished drama and he certainly didn't want it to continue when they would return back to school in a couple of months.

He turned around back to Hayden. "Hey, I have to take care of something, but I'll call you tonight."

"Okay," she smiled.

Liam quickly walked down the hall to catch up with Y/N before he could lose her. When he turned around the corner at the end of the hall, he saw her exit the double doors and walking towards the gym. He quickly bolted through the doors and caught up to her.

"I saw that." He walked beside her and kept up with her pace. "I heard you, too. You have no reason to be jealous, you know that right?

Y/N let out an annoyed groan. "What do you want, Liam?"

"I want to talk." He pulled his backpack strap before it fell off his shoulder.

"Finally had all the time and space you needed?" Liam could practically hear the eye roll that came along with her sarcastic comment.

"I really don't want to fight about this okay," Liam sighed. "Can we please talk?"

Y/N stopped in her tracks and glared at Liam. "Seriously?! I've been waiting to talk to you these past couple of months and all you've done is shut me out. And now you want to talk?!"

"Can you blame me?!" Liam snapped back. "You cheated on me! Not the other way around!"

"Believe me I know! I've been constantly reminded every day with the guilt weighting on my shoulders. You don't need to remind me, Liam."