An Unexpected Surprise - Part 6 (Final Chapter)

Note: This was inspired by FRIENDS

Liam rolled over to his side when he felt something poke his shoulder. He peeked an eye open, only to see Y/N standing next to his bed with her arms folded to her chest. Liam closed his eye and snuggled his face back into his pillow, believing he was dreaming about Y/N.

She cleared her throat. Liam's eyes flew wide open, realizing he wasn't dreaming. "What?!" He gasped as he sat up quickly and alert. "Is it time?!"

"No."

"Oh," he yawned as he rubbed his tired, sleepy eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep and it's all your fault."

Liam looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Me? What did I do?" He asked confused.

"You got me pregnant! I can't sleep on my back. It's uncomfortable sleeping on my sides. I wish I could sleep on my stomach, but obviously I can't. This is your fault," she placed her hands on full belly. "So, if I can't sleep, then neither can you."

"Come here," Liam chuckled as he scooted to make room for her in his bed. Liam handed her a couple of pillows and waited patiently as she shifted around until she found a comfortable sitting position and leaned back against the headboard. He mirrored her actions and sat close to her. "What's the real reason why you can't sleep?"

"I hate that you know me so well," she said as her bottom lip pushed forward. Liam couldn't help but smile at how adorable she looked pouting. Y/N let out a deep and long sigh. "I'm tired and scared."

"Of the baby? The birth?"

She nodded. "I'm so tired of being pregnant. It's not easy or comfortable carrying around our daughter. Plus, she's a few days late and it makes me wonder why she won't come out already!" She let out in frustration. "Like get out! Get out! Get out!" She yelled at her belly.

Liam chuckled as he placed his hands on her belly and gave it a gentle kiss. "She says that with love," he spoke softly to the baby before he looked up at Y/N. "Maybe she's not ready to come out yet because you gave her such a nice, warm, and safe home for the past nine months."

"Aww," she faked cooed as she lightly patted his cheek. "Look at you makin' up crap for me."

Liam smiled. "I'm serious."

"I know," she smiled back. She rested her hand on his cheek. Liam leaned into her warm and gentle touch. Y/N scanned all his features, his beautiful blue eyes, the curve of his nose, his soft lips, and his impressive jawline structure. Seeing him this close only added to the feelings she's been having lately. Ever since the night he never answered her question, she's been dying to know if he still loved her. She's noticed how much Liam has been there for her, cared for her, thought about her, and even showed how much he loves her, but was it the same love he's always had for her? Or did it fade and Liam only loved her as just a best friend and the mother of his daughter?

Is it too late? She thought to herself.

Her eyes flickered back to his soft blue eyes and she realized she had been staring longer than she should have. She pulled her hand away and cleared her throat as she looked away from him.

"Y/N," Liam whispered.

Too scared what he was about to say, Y/N continued her previous conversation, "we've tried everything that's supposed to help me go into labor. We walk every day. I've eaten almost every spicy food that is out there and still nothing!"

Liam sighed as he grabbed her hand. "I know," he gave her hand a gentle squeezed. "We've tried everything. In the meantime, we'll just keep doing that and just wait until our baby girl is ready to meet us."