Broken

Warning: This prompt contains signs of depression, reckless behavior, and signs of a suicide attempt.

It's been so long since the break-up with Liam, Y/N had lostcount of the days that had passed. She constantly asked herself 'what went wrong?' throughout the entire day, daily. It sounded like a broken record. She had no idea what happened. Liam and Y/N were great together. Everyone thought they were perfect for each other and they would last forever. The high school sweethearts that would still be happily married with kids at their 10-year reunion. She thought the same thing, but clearly Liam didn't it.

As soon as everyone in school found out Liam dumped Y/N, everyone would all stare at Y/N as she walked in the hallways. She would pretend she didn't notice, or ignored the whispers they shared with each other behind her back as she walked by. Some of them would ask her what went wrong, and she lied by saying they just grew apart.

The gawking and murmurs never went away; in fact, they grew more each day. It's like they knew she was lying and they started disliking her for it. Her own best friends started teasing her for constantly crying, the sudden weight loss, being depressed, and never wanting to go out with them anymore. Eventually, they joined the people who whispered behind her back and spread terrible rumors about her.

She couldn't sleep so she started drinking to help her fall asleep. She took pills to numb the pain, and she rarely ate anything. Ultimately, this led to skipping school, giving disrespectful attitude towards her teachers, and her grades were slipping due to not doing any of her schoolwork. Y/N's mother noticed the sudden change in her own daughter and often brought it up. Y/N acted out, rebelled against her rules, and ran away at night to different places. Sometimes she'd sneak into bars and clubs, where she often met older guys to try to forget Liam, but constantly failed.

Gradually, she lost all her friends, her mother didn't understand what she was going through, and an ex-boyfriend who didn't care about her anymore. She tried to shallow her pride but eventually it got the best of her. She had no one. She felt alone.

Y/N eyes we're still closed, but the sound of a monitor beeping slowly made its way through her ears. She was slowly coming out of her conscious. With her eyes still closed, her body felt heavier than usual, and warm under the thin bed sheets. She rested on a very uncomfortable hospital bed. She felt a needle at the crook of her arm where her IV tube was, and the feeding tube inserted in her abdominal area. She knew where she was, the hospital.

She slowly fluttered her eyes open. Her vision was blurry but she saw a figure beside her. She didn't know who it was until she heard his voice, a voice she'd recognize anywhere.

"Let me go get Melissa." Liam rushed out of the room and came back with Melissa.

"Honey, did you try to kill yourself?" Melissa voice cracked. She didn't know Y/N very well, but she knew of her, and saw her a few times when Liam brought her over to the McCall household on pack game and movie nights.

Y/N eyes widen. "No," she whispered honestly and hoarsely.

"I'm just asking because your test results showed a high amount of alcohol and pills in your system. Why were you drinking?"

Y/N cleared her throat and pointed at the pink cup next to her. Liam got the glass, filled it up with water, and gave her the plastic cup.

Y/N took a small sip and answered Melissa's question. "Couldn't sleep. Haven't for a while... Thought it would help..." She paused as the pain in her throat prevented her from forming full sentences.

"What about the pills?" Melissa added.

"Numb the pain..."

Liam winced at her words.