Perfect Rain Kiss

It was dark out and a storm was coming, but Y/N was only at the half mark of her 5-mile run. She still had to run 2.5 miles back home. She didn't mind running in the rain she loved it for so many reasons. Not only is it a good workout, but she also found the rain peaceful, refreshing, and romantic. She's always wanted a kiss in the rain, but she's saved that for the perfect moment with the right boy.

She jogged along a trail in the middle of the woods with her iPhone strapped in a workout band on her arm. Saliva's "Click Click Boom" blasted through her ear buds as she pushed herself to keep a steady pace.

She was coming towards a huge oak tree that reminded her to turn left, when she jogged right past a boy. "Hey!" She uttered between breaths and continued jogging, not really giving the boy a second glance.

She stopped after a few steps and had a late reaction to what she just saw, a boy chained to an oak tree. She walked back to confirm what she saw. Up against the oak tree was Liam wrapped in a metal chain, and he had a goofy yet innocent smile on his face.

"Umm, what the heck are you doing, Liam?" Y/N asked confused.

"Uhh, you know, just hanging out, Y/N." Liam fibbed. Normally he would scratch the back of his head out of nervousness, but since his hands restricted him from doing so, all he could do was look down at his muddy shoes.

"How did this even happen?" Y/N inspected the chains. She noticed they were securely wrapped around Liam's torso and wrist. There was no way out unless she had the key to the lock or a set of bolt cutters. She shook her head in disbelief, knowing it's going to take a miracle to get him out of this mess. "More importantly who did this to you because I may want to learn how they did this if I ever decide to chain someone up."

Liam's eyes widen. Y/N laughed. "I'm kidding, Liam."

"Right." Liam let out a soft chuckle.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Oh right, umm it was Scott and Stiles." Liam admitted.

"And did Scott and Stiles leave a key around somewhere or did they just leave you out for the wolves to get you."

Liam's heart dropped. Did she know about his secret and about the others?

Y/N noticed the sudden worried expression on Liam's face. "Again, I'm kidding. There are no werewolves in Beacon Hills."

Liam let out a fake laugh, making Y/N raise an eyebrow. Liam cleared his throat. "Umm yeah they left a key over there by the rock."

"So they chained you up, locked you up, and left the key about 10 feet away from you?" Y/N called out as she grabbed the key. She walked backed to see Liam worried, trying to come up with an excuse. "Well isn't that a genius plan."

Liam noticed Y/N's sarcasm. "No. Look, I'm fine."

Y/N rolled her eyes. "I told you to stop hanging out with those seniors. I mean who does this to a sophomore?"

"Think of it as a hazing ritual before they include me in their pack." Liam's eyes widen as he realized he said pack. "I mean group!" Liam tried to cover up his secret.

Suddenly out of nowhere it started raining. It started off as light, but within a few seconds it started pouring. It was bizarre, but nothing out of the ordinary.

"Some sick hazing ritual," Y/N mumbled as she wiped away the wet bangs from her eyes. Liam let out a frustrated groan. He was getting tired of her asking too many questions, and he was getting tired of lying to his friend. "Just let me go. Please?"

Y/N unlocked the lock and Liam was free from the chains. Liam immediately tripped over a small root that peeked out from the dirt and stumbled towards Y/N. The heavy rain had already turned the moist dirt into thick gooey mud. Liam's stumble caused the two to fall straight into the mud making a huge 'plop' sound. Y/N let out a loud groan as Liam's body fell on top of hers. Liam quickly leaned up on his arms, trying to take off some of his weight on her. He hovered over her, "are you okay?!"

She batted her eyes, trying to keep the raindrops from her eyes. "Yeah, that's going to leave a mark tomorrow." She laughed. Liam couldn't help look at her, her black hair was drenched, and hair strands were clinging to her skin. He pushed the strands away from her face. He noticed the tiny red freckles spread across her high cheekbones and small nose. They were hardly visible, but he could see them clearly. He traced over them with the pad of his thumb as he cupped her cheek. Y/N's breath hitched has he looked deep into her chocolate brown eyes.

She suddenly felt very nervous. She's always had a thing for Liam but she never thought he would feel the same way, and right now the way he's looking at her, she couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking.

"What?" She asked suddenly feeling insecure.

"You're really beautiful, Y/N."

Y/N felt her heartbeat pounding out of her chest, and her breathing got heavier as Liam inched closer to her face. She felt his warmth radiating off his body as he slowly pressed his body against hers. His touch was warmer than her flushed cheeks. Her eyes never left his sparking baby blue eyes. She closed her eyes as soon as she felt Liam's nose brush against hers. Liam leaned in and pressed his soft lips against hers. She kissed him back and in a matter of seconds their lips became in perfect sync. Y/N liked the way his lips molded perfectly with hers.

And there they were, drenched in the middle of a downpour storm and without a care in the world. This wasn't their first kiss, but it was their first kiss together, and their first kiss in the rain, and it was absolutely pure bliss. It was the kiss Y/N always wanted, dreamt about, and wished for, despite being covered in mud. It was the perfect moment with the right boy. Some kisses are worth the wait, and she was glad she waited for her perfect rain kiss with Liam Dunbar.