The Omega - Part 2

Y/N closed her eyes and opened them again, revealing electric blue eyes. Mason and Liam's jaws dropped to the floor as she closed her eyes and changed them back to her normal hazel eyes. "I'm the omega you weren't even close to catching the another night.

Liam froze in place, "Oh, shit."

Mason turned to look at his best friend. Liam's eyes were glued to Y/N's as he tried to process the words she just said.

"I'm the omega you weren't even close to catching the other night."

Liam stood up quickly, causing the chair to fall backwards and create a loud thud, making a few people to turn their heads at Liam. Ignoring them completely, he curled his fingers into a tight fist, turning his knuckles white. He clenched his jaw tight as he spoke between his gritted teeth, "Do you know how much trouble you've caused?"

"Dude!" Mason whisper yelled as he tugged the hem of Liam's shirt, trying to pull him down. Liam slapped his hand away.

Y/N rolled her eyes at Liam. "Calm down. We wouldn't want you to make an even bigger scene and show the world we exist." She whispered loud enough for Liam to hear only. She jabbed her straw into her juice box and casually drank the apple juice until she was slurping the last of it. "I'm not exactly the omega you're looking for."

Liam's mouth opened, but Mason spoke before Liam would say anything. "What do you mean you're not exactly the," Mason let his sentence hang as he quickly double checked if anyone else was within hearing distance and leaned towards Y/N. "Omega were looking for."

"Because the omega you're really looking for my idiot twin brother," she answered. Y/N stood up as the bell rang. "Catch up with you later." She walked away before the boys could go after her.

Liam looked at Mason as they quickly threw away their lunches. "Go! Go sit next to her and get as many answers as you can get."

"And then?" Mason asked, wondering what Liam was going to do.

"I'll handle the rest of it," Liam said sternly as he walked away to his class.

***

Liam jogged through the woods, hoping to find Y/N before she could cause any more trouble for Beacon Hills. Turns out, Mason told Liam she never showed up to class. When Liam went to his first class with Y/N, she didn't show up. Liam skipped the last class of the day knowing she wouldn't be there either. He assumed she was up to no good.

After walking across a log, Liam jumped off and heard a soft whimper. As he slowly followed the sound of someone's soft sobs, he hoped it wasn't someone in trouble. A familiar scent had Liam picking up his pace and immediately came to a halt as he saw Y/N crying over someone's body. Liam's muscles tensed, fearing she might have hurt someone she didn't mean to.

"Y/N?" Liam spoke softly, but she didn't hear him. Liam took a small step forward, snapping a twig in the process. Y/N's head lifted up, her eyes widened as she turned her head at Liam. He opened his hands up in front of his chest immediately, facing his palms to her. "I'm not going to hurt you. I promise."

Y/N heard the tenderness in his voice. He wasn't there to accuse her of anything. Instead, he wanted to help her, figure out what happened, and calm her down.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Liam asked.

She looked down at the dead body in her arms. She lifted her hand and ran her fingers between the boy's dirty blonde hair as she sniffled. She took a deep breath before speaking. "They killed my brother," the tears in her eyes grew bigger, causing them to fall down her cheeks.

Liam gasped. "Who killed him?"

She shook her head as she pulled her twin brother to her chest and let out another round of sobs. Liam slowly approached her and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Don't!" She hissed.

Liam pulled back his hands quickly and kneeled down beside her. He didn't know what to do. Should he run and go get Scott? Should he try and find the killer's scent? Should he try and comfort Y/N? The obvious choice was the latter.

"What-" Liam started before Y/N cut him off.

"I swear I was going to get him to stop." She mumbled between a sniffle. "I told him he was being reckless hurting all those people, but he couldn't control it." She rocked her brother's body back and forth, hugging him tight one last time. "I was going to help him control it before someone could-" She burst into more tears.

"Shhhh," Liam whispered as he wrapped his arm around her. "I believe you."

"You do?" She looked up at him, her water filled eyes hinted with hope.

Y/N's heart was steady, not hinting she was lying. Liam believed her. "Yes," he nodded. "Look, I know you were trying to save your brother, and I don't know if you would have or not, but he didn't deserve to get killed before he was given the chance to redeem himself. I know this hurts right now and it'll always hurt, but we can get justice for your brother."

Y/N's eyes widened with hope. "Really?"

Liam's head nodded. "We can help you. If you come with me, we can help you." Y/N's face scrunch up in confusion, wondering who 'we' meant.

"Scott and I, along with the rest of the pack, can help you. I promise, not only will I help you, I'll take care of you." Liam promised.

The look in his dark blue eyes gave Y/N every reason to trust him. She had the feeling he wouldn't let her down. Sure, they got off on the wrong foot, but she couldn't help her gut feeling. The feeling that was telling her to trust him. The feeling that was telling her to let him in. The feeling that was telling her he wanted to help her.

She listened to her gut feeling and nodded her head. "Okay," she whispered. She hugged her brother once more before she let him go. Liam offered her his hand, which she gladly took, and for the first time in a long time, she didn't feel alone anymore. She no longer felt like an omega.