My Girl (feat. Garrett)

Liam's POV

Most guys won't admit when they're jealous because they're afraid by admitting it it'll somehow make them less of a man. I get it. We think it makes us look not as strong, not as secure as we like to be, but it's normal. It means we're human with feelings, but sometimes we just can't help the feeling of anger washing over our body, making our fist clench tight, and our jaw tight. Ready to take the anger out on something or someone. We can't help. I can't help it especially when I see my girl getting hit on.

I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing, Y/N leaning against the wall of the concession stand and Garrett's hand on the wall right next to her shoulder, leaning in towards her. They were too close. I never thought I'd be happy to be a werewolf knowing I can listen into their conversation from across the field.

"I've been playing since I was a kid." Garrett tells Y/N.

"I can tell." Y/N twirls a strand of her hair around her index finger. Is she seriously flirting back with him?!

"You're a really good player." She smiled.

"I'm a better player than he is," I scowled.

"Bro, what are you talking about?" Mason asked, confused. I had forgotten he was in front of me. I ignored him and continued watching and listening to Garrett and Y/N.

How could they flirt with each other? I thought Y/N and I had a thing going on. Sure we went on a few dates and I haven't exactly asked her to be my girlfriend officially, but what does Garrett have that I don't? A question I shouldn't have asked myself because next thing I know I'm comparing myself to him. He's got the blonde hair. Girls like boys with blonde hair, right? He's a blonde pretty face with an impressive jawline. He's a Ken and every girl wants a Ken doll. No one wants a brown haired boy who happens to be a werewolf with an IED problem.

"So, would you like to go out Friday night?"

WHAT?! DID MY SO CALLED FRIEND ASK MY GIRL OUT ON A DATE?!

Then suddenly I heard a heartbeat beating incredibly fast. I thought I was the only one who made her heart race. I clench my fist tight, making my knuckles white, gritted my teeth, and began to breathe heavily. I could feel it. I could feel the inner monster slowly making its way out.

"Whoa," Mason interrupted my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

I closed my eyes, hiding my yellow eyes from Mason.

"Hey, Liam!" Scott ran towards me and Mason with Stiles by his side.

"I need to talk to you privately," Scott grabbed the back of my jersey. "Excuse us, Mason."

Scott dragged me all the way to the locker room. As soon as we barged in, Stiles locked the door as Scott turned on the cold water in the showers. "You need to control it!"

"I'm trying!" I growled.

"I don't think that's trying," Stiles said.

I lunged forward at Stiles but Scott pulled me back under the ice-cold water. The water was so cold, it felt like pins and needles on my skin, but it wasn't working. The more I thought about Garrett and Y/N together, the angrier I got. He was one of the first friends I made when I transferred and he knew how much I liked Y/N the moment I saw her.

Y/N's POV

"So, would you like to go out Friday night?" Garrett's eyes sparkled with lust.

My eyes widen at his words. I couldn't believe it. Garrett and Liam were friends, and Garrett knows I've gone out on several dates with Liam. Do guys not have some sort of bro code like girls do? Do they not mind or care about asking their friend's girl out?