The Other Woman

People were whispering behind Y/N's back as she walked down the hallway. She's not a werewolf. She's just a normal human being who makes mistakes, just like everyone else. However, she didn't need werewolf hearing to know what those people are whispering behind her back, because she knew exactly why.

Hayden Romero was her former best friend. They had met in sixth grade when their English teacher assigned their seats next to each other. When the girls started high school, things started changing. Hayden made the varsity soccer team and slowly cut Y/N out of her life. Suddenly, they weren't friends anymore.

Liam Dunbar is Y/N's new best friend. I guess you can say he replaced Hayden, and Y/N was glad he did, because he was by far the best friend any girl could ask for. He's kind, sweet, funny, and always managed to include Y/N with his friends. Somewhere along the way of the inside jokes, movie nights, and study sessions, Y/N fell in love with Liam.

She couldn't tell if he felt the same way. A part of her was hoping he did, but she promised herself she wouldn't say anything. She pushed her feelings aside to avoid ruining what they already have.

But then something happened. Liam and Hayden started dating. It came out of nowhere. One day they hated each other and the next, they were kissing behind the school buses. Y/N didn't know what happened, or how it happened, but the second Liam told her he was going to ask Hayden to be his girlfriend, she supported him.

Until, three weeks later, she slept with Liam.

"I need your help with something," Liam asked as he paced back and forth in Y/N's bedroom.

"Okay, shoot." She crossed her legs as she leaned back against the headboard, giving Liam her full attention.

"This weekend is my three-week anniversary with Hayden, and I'd like to take her out on a date, but I don't know where?" Y/N leaned away from the headboard and rolled her eyes before dropping her chin on her open palm. "What do girls like to do on the third week anniversary?"

"I wouldn't know," she said bitterly.

Liam sighed. "Look, I know you don't like Hayden, but you two used to be friends. You have to know what she might like."

"Used to," She said sternly. "As in no longer. Not since she joined the soccer team, became popular, and left me behind for her new friends." She said truthfully as she crossed her arms to her chest tightly.

"If you were in her position," Liam began to suggest, only to be interrupted by Y/N.

"I would have never left her behind. I'm not that kind of person and neither are you. When you joined Scott and his pack, you didn't ditch me or Mason for them. You included us, I mean not at first, but eventually you did. So, I can't exactly put myself in her position." Y/N snapped.

Liam sighed, clearly defeated. "I just don't understand why you hate Hayden so much over something so silly. So, you lost one friend. You have other friends. You have me."

"No, I don't," She uttered under her breath.

"What?" Liam stopped pacing and faced her.

"Nothing," Y/N pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, hugging herself tight. "I didn't say anything," She bit her lip.