I Wish You Didn't Love Me

Author's Note: After watching 6x15 and listening to Jake Miller's song, I immediately had an idea for a Liam imagine. I hope you like it.

*****

Liam quickly led the way to the girls' locker room. It was too fast for Y/N to keep up with his pace, but she still held on to his hand. Liam's fingers were intertwined with Y/N's as he held her hand like it would be the last time.

Tonight, Scott ordered his pack to leave Beacon Hills. There was no other way to reason with Ms. Monroe and the hunters. He thought if they all left Beacon Hills, they'd be safer. As much as Liam hated the idea, he knew his alpha was right. It was the only way everyone would be safe. Liam had to leave with his pack, which meant he had to leave Y/N behind. He knew she wouldn't like the idea, but he had to convince her to stay. As much as he loved her, he loved her enough to protect her, even if that meant leaving.

Even though she wasn't supernatural, Y/N could tell Liam was worried about something. He's never one to rush unless it was urgent. She wasn't with him at the police station where Ms. Monroe surrounded the place with hunters. She was with Mason, Corey, and Deaton trying to figure out what escaped The Wild Hunt. She was beginning to think something else happened at the police station and Liam hadn't told her yet.

"Why are we in the girls' locker room?" She asked once Liam closed the door behind them.

"Corey needed the boys' locker room to talk to Mason." Liam's shoulders dropped as he let out a long sigh. He closed the gap between them and he engulfed her into a tight hug, nearly knocking the air out of her lungs. As she wrapped her arms around him, she could sense how tense he was. She rubbed her hand up and down his back, trying to comfort him. She was too scared to ask any more questions.

Liam had always been affection with Y/N. He'd hold her hand anytime they walked together. Every morning before school, he would wait for her in front of her locker to give her a huge bear hug. Then, every night before he would drop her off at her house, he'd give her a good night hug and kiss. He was never too shy to kiss her. He'd love giving her forehead kisses, sweet kisses, passionate kisses, or intense making out kisses. Anytime he had the opportunity to steal a kiss from her, he'd take it.

He was sweet and genuine. However, the way he was hugging her, wasn't his typical hugs. This wasn't him greeting her in the mornings or wishing her a good night sleep. This hug almost felt like a goodbye and Y/N's closed her eyes, pushing that thought in the back of her mind.

Liam finally pulled back and cupped her cheeks. His thumb traced back and forth against her cheekbones as he took in every feature. She saw his eyes move back and forth between her eyes, the curve of her nose, her cheeks, and her lips.

"Why does it suddenly feel like we're saying goodbye?" She whispered.

Liam's heart broke. Her voice was traced with fear and heartbreak. This is the last thing he never wanted to do.

"Because we are," he whispered back. His eyes flickered back to hers. He literally saw warm tears filled her eyes. "I have to go. Scott says we have to leave Beacon Hills. It's not safe for us anymore."

His heart raced and he was so thankful Y/N wasn't a werewolf to hear his lying heart. He hated lying to her, but he had to. He had to make her believe he was leaving. Otherwise, Scott's plan would backfire.

"Liam-"

"I wish you didn't like me," he whispered, not caring he interrupted her. The less things she would say and convince him to stay, the easier it would be for Liam to do this. "This would be so much easier if you didn't like me."