It Totally Worked (feat. Scott and Stiles)

It was only half an hour until the full moon and everyone was in their assigned places at Lydia's lake house. Scott and Stiles were in the basement ready to help Malia control her shift during the full moon, and Liam was in the boathouse with Y/N, Scott's newest beta. Liam didn't understand why Scott made him pair up with Y/N. The two betas were unaware of the reasoning, but it was all part of Scott's plan.

Liam and Y/N weren't exactly on the same page when they first met. For Liam, the second his eyes laid on Y/N, he felt something different. His palms were starting to sweat as she made her way towards him with Scott. His heart picked up its pace with every step she took and he felt an unusual feeling at the pit of his stomach, girls would say that feeling is butterflies fluttering like crazy. Y/N on the other hand had the opposite reaction upon meeting Liam and she didn't even bother to get a second glimpse of him. He looked too innocent, young, and pure. Sure, he looked hot, but he was far from the kind of guys she's interested in. He looked like he was the kind of guy that likes to label things, and well, Y/N didn't.

Liam was nice to Y/N. In fact, he was a gentleman. He opened doors for her, asked her how her day was going so far, walked her to her classes, and sometimes brought her little gifts; like a flower, or a cookie. The nice act wasn't working for Y/N though. She wasn't stupid either. She knew he liked her, but she made sure he knew she didn't feel the same way.

"Hey, Y/N." Liam said nervously, sliding his hands into his jean pockets.

Y/N sighed and rolled her eyes. "Like I said yesterday, the day before, and the day before that, I'm not going out with you. So save your breath." Liam tried not to show any signs of hurt, but honestly that did sting. "I don't like you, Liam. Stop following me like a little puppy."

Liam cleared his throat, "Sorry, I didn't realize I was such a bother. I'll leave you alone."

But here they are now, forced to be somewhat civil, and somewhat "friends" on the night of Y/N's first full moon. Liam just finished chaining up Y/N against a wooden beam with her hands tied behind the beam. He said nothing while he tied her up, and Y/N just watched him carefully, wondering why he hadn't said one word. She didn't understand why he was so quiet. She remembered when she couldn't get him to shut up, but now she wanted him to say something, anything that would break this awkward and uncomfortable silence.

"What's your problem?"

"I wasn't aware I had a problem, Y/N."

She flinched at the sound of her name. It wasn't kind or warm like before. This time it sounded so cold and she heard a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"What's with you lately? You went from this really nice guy to this insensitive asshole."

"I didn't realize you cared." Liam leaned back against the wall and slid down to sit against the wooden floor. He was across the room facing her. He looked into her eyes, which displayed every emotion. She was angry, annoyed, but concerned and wondered what went wrong.

"What changed, Dunbar?"

"I'm not telling you, so save your breath," he said cruelly. "Because you're not getting it out of me."

Liam saw Y/N's jaw drop at his choice of words. He ignored her as he leaned his head back against the wall and closed his eyes. He remember exactly what changed and it all goes back to the day he asked Scott and Stiles for some advice, more specifically advice about getting Y/N's attention.

"She's a lot like Lydia." Stiles pointed out. "She's confident, got a great sense of style, and she's over the moon gorgeous." Stiles noticed the little glimpse of jealousy from Liam's facial expression. "Calm down, little pup. I don't like her. As I was saying," Stiles continued. "She can be sassy, stubborn, and bossy, but underneath that cold exterior she's got a beautiful heart. However, I've noticed a pattern with Lydia. She has a thing for bad boys. More specifically jerks, assholes, di-"