Drunken Confessions

It's the night of the annual school bonfire. It was mandatory for the lacrosse team to show up so Liam had no choice but to go. Y/N on the other hand didn't plan on going until Liam told her he had to be there and wanted her to be there so he wouldn't be bored. Y/N was thrilled Liam wanted her to go and spend time with her. They had been best friends for years, but lately ever since Liam became friends with Scott McCall and his friends, Y/N felt like she was slowly losing her best friend. And right now she was feeling like she was being pulled further away, despite his actions of wanting her there.

"So what time should we go to the party together?" Y/N asked.

"Oh umm," Liam scratched the back of his neck. "Do you mind if we meet there?"

"What?!" Her eyebrows pulled forward, confused. "Why?"

"Because I have to meet Scott and Stiles before the party and then they're giving me a ride."

She crossed her arms to her chest, after she slammed her locker door shut. "I thought you wanted me to go with you."

"Please don't be mad," Liam placed his hands on her shoulders. "It's just something I have to do."

Y/N plastered a fake smile on her face. "What on earth gave you the impression I'm mad?" She rolled her eyes and turned away, walking towards the double doors that led to the school parking lot.

"I'll see you there, right?" Liam yelled out.

Y/N waved her hand, not looking back. "Yeah, whatever, Dunbar."

Liam winced at the sound of his last name. He knew he was in trouble. She never called him by his last name unless he did something wrong. He didn't need to ask what he did wrong this time, because he already knew it.

Y/N was in love with Liam, but she never got any hints that he felt the same way. So, she kept her feelings to herself. She rather have her best friend than lose him by possibly ruining their friendship if she ever confessed her feelings. However, tonight she wanted to numb the pain and drink her troubles away. She didn't want to deal with Liam right now and his new best friends, who he clearly had time for instead of her.

Liam hopped off the blue jeep before Stiles had the chance to put it in park. "See you guys later." Liam walked towards the bonfire, his eyes immediately scanning for Y/N.

"Liam, please be careful." Scott called after him, but Liam ignored him

Liam walked towards the center of the bonfire, luminous lights beamed on him and those around him. He could smell the burn ash and hear the cracking of firewood. Liam made his way through the crowd. He saw people he knew and kids he's never seen before, drinking and dancing to the loud techno music. Liam turned around to see Mason sitting on top of a picnic table.

"Hey, bro. Have you seen Y/N?"

Mason took a sip of his coke. "Last I saw her with some of the seniors."

"What seniors?" Mason noticed a hint of jealously in his voice, but let it slide.

"I'm not sure. I don't know those guys. I think they're on the football team."

Mason saw the sour expression on Liam's face. "Football players? Since when did she like football players?"

"Probably around the time her favorite lacrosse player started dissing her."

"That's not fair, Mason."

"No, what's not fair is you swapping your best friends for a couple of juniors," Mason shook his head as he stood up. "Look, I can deal with it. Clearly, you're going through something and I know you'll come to me when you're ready, but Y/N? You know that's different."