Beacon of Light

When Y/N saw Isaac and Allison at the Blacklight party Danny threw at Derek's loft, she realized he never loved her. She couldn't break up with him cause she loved him too much. When he left for Paris after Allison's death, it broke her heart. She was a broken record. She was depressed, didn't eat for days, tried to sleep the pain away, and lost count how many tears she had shed. Until one day, many months later, a light finally came through the darkness and that light was Liam.

She couldn't explain it, knew Liam spoke right to her heart. She saw the light in his soft blue eyes that said he would never leave her like Isaac did. The warm touch of his hands made her believe he would always catch her when she falls, something Isaac didn't do. Liam showed her he needed her just as much as she needed him, something Isaac never showed her.

"Hey! You... guys..." Y/N voice trailed as she saw everyone standing up in front of the couch in Scott's living room. She recognized almost everyone there: Derek, Scott, Stiles, Malia, Kira, and Lydia. She quickly noticed Liam wasn't there. She had an eerie feeling about this particular pack meeting. Everyone was quite and looked at her with serious, strong, and intense faces. She couldn't tell if it was bad news, like something had happened to Liam, or if this was some sort of intervention. Either way, she didn't like the gut feeling she had in the pit of her stomach.

"We need to talk," Scott finally spoke.

"It's about Liam." Stiles added.

Her heart dropped, and Derek immediately sensed her anxiety. "He's fine," Derek reassured Y/N. "We just didn't tell him about this pack meeting."

"Oh," Y/N lingered.

"We have a problem, and we need to discuss it with you." Lydia walked up towards Y/N, and wrapped her arm around Y/N's shoulder. Lydia walked her to the couch and gestured for her to sit down. "It's about Isaac too."

"How do Isaac and Liam fit in the same topic?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, confused.

Stiles spoke up, "We know you have feelings for Liam-"

"That's not-"

Scott interfered. "I can hear you. We can hear you," he pointed at Malia and Derek.

"We don't need to hear how you feel about him, because we see it." Lydia admitted.

"You're always looking like that heart in the eyes emojis when you're near him," Stiles said. "Truthfully, you and Liam are like puppies around each other. It's sickening." Stiles made a disgusted face expression.

"Okay..." Y/N didn't quite know where this conversation was headed. "So what's the problem?"

"The thing is, we're not sure if you should date Liam," Derek finally spoke.

Anger wavered In Y/N tone, "Why not?" She crossed her arms to her chest, giving everyone her scary death glare.

"A little has to do with the age difference," Stiles mumbled.

"Age is just a number," Y/N snapped. "I'm 17. He's 15. It's not that big a deal."

"What happens if you go away to college?" Scott asked.

Truthfully, Y/N hadn't thought about that, because her and Liam haven't exactly gone out yet. Liam knew what Y/N went through, and he didn't want to pressure her or rush her into a relationship. He would be ready when she was, which only made Y/N like Liam even more.

"Honey, when Isaac left, you kind of, and I don't mean this in an offensive way, but you went off the rails," Lydia admitted.

"I love Isaac. I mean I hate him, but I'll always love him. However, I'm not in love with him. I thought I was, but I'm not. Do you know how I realized that? By the way that Liam looked at me."

She couldn't believe she was having to explain her love for Liam to the pack. Her family of all people should understand, support, and be happy with what and who made her happy.

She took a deep breath, trying to push back some of the anger. "I know Allison loved you and you loved her." She looked at Scott, "I know because of how you guys were with each other, and how you looked at each other with so much love. I knew she liked Isaac, but she didn't love him like she loved you, Scott. She never once looked at Isaac the way she looked at you."

She stood up and walked towards Scott, "Do you know how I knew Isaac wasn't in love with me? By the way he looked at her at the party. He looked at Allison the same way you two looked at each other. He loved her. He never once looked at me that way, and it killed me. That's why I went off the rails. Do you know how hard it is to be with someone who doesn't feel the same way you feel about them?"

"Yes." Malia admitted. Her response made Stiles wince and Lydia look away, uncomfortable.

"I was in a dark place. There was no light in my world at that time. Then slowly out of nowhere, a light slid through a small crack. With each passing day, that light grew bigger, and eventually it became a light that led me out of my darkness." She turned around and looked back at everyone staring at her. "Love comes when you least expect it, and Liam was something I was not expecting. I love him. I really love him."

"I had no idea that's how you felt, Y/N" Scott walked up to her and gave her a hug. "I want you to be happy, and if Liam makes you happy-"

"He does," she interrupted, hugging Scott back.

"Then I'm happy for you." Scott smiled.

"Me too," Lydia joined in with her arms wrapped around Y/N and Scott.

"Me three!" Stiles threw himself in the group hug.

Malia and Kira joined in as well, leaving Derek standing by the couch. "I'm happy for you too, but I don't do group hugs."

"Oh come on! Join in on all the love, Sourwolf!" Stiles said, making everyone but Derek laugh.

At that moment, Liam walked through Scott's door. "Hey, what's going on?"

"Well.... Go on!" Lydia slightly pushed Y/N towards Liam.

"This would be better if there weren't six people looking at us." Y/N grabbed Liam's hand and walked out of Scott's house.

"Y/N, what's going on?" Liam asked as they stood on the front porch.

"There's something I've been wanting to do for a while." She bit her lip and looked at Liam's lips. Liam immediately picked up her signal, as the corner of his mouth formed a big smile.

Liam closed the distance, placed his hands at her waist. She leaned in as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Together they both heard their racing hearts. In fact, half of the people in the house heard it too. As the Stiles and Lydia peeked through the window, watching the two about to kiss.

Liam looked into her eyes, and she could tell from the pressure of his hands on her hips, he was nervous. He leaned in and she closed her eyes the moment his warm and soft lips touched hers. Her heart was pounding in her chest, and the butterflies fluttered around her stomach. Y/N intertwined her hands with his soft hair, which made Liam wrap his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

Y/N was the first to pull away for air. "Wow," she said breathless, leaning her forehead against his.

Suddenly, excited cheering was coming from inside the house. Liam chuckled as blood flowed quickly in Y/N's cheeks, making her face red as a tomato, and hid her face in Liam's chest.

"You were definitely worth the wait," he whispered in her ear.