Past Mistakes

A shriek escaped from the back of my throat the second a pair of arms snaked around my waist and lifted me up from behind. I knew exactly who it was, as my boyfriend Liam spun me around in the middle of the school courtyard. I was caught off guard by the unexpected surprise.

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!" I playfully smacked Liam's chest as he turned me around to face him.

His arms tightened around my waist, pulling me to his chest, as his head rested at the crook of my neck. Every inch of my body was covered with goose bumps as Liam took a deep breath, taking in my scent as his nose tickled against my skin. "I just wanted to see you before I go to lacrosse practice," Liam playfully bit my neck, causing me to giggle.

I cupped his cheeks, pulling his face in front of me as I instantly locked my eyes with his ocean blue eyes. I could list several reasons why I love Liam, but one of my top reasons would be his breathtaking ocean blue eyes. His eyes always expressed how he felt and right now as I looked deep into his eyes, they were soft, gentle, and filled with so much adoration as he held his gaze with mine. I couldn't help but smile knowing how much he cares for me, and possibly loves me too.

"So," Liam pecked my lips. "I was thinking," his soft lips pecked mine again, causing me to giggle at the sweet gesture. "I'd like you to go," he smiled as he pecked me one more time. "To the pack meeting tonight," he finished before pecking me once more.

My heart dropped to my stomach. I felt my back muscles tighten at the thought of walking into a pack meeting filled with supernatural creatures who could kill me in an instant. Well, I knew they wouldn't all kill me, but I knew one would definitely want to slit my throat with his claws.

"You want me to go to your pack meeting?" I gulped.

"Yeah. I figured since you already know about me, and I've told you about my pack, it's time you officially meet them." Liam's thumbs began rubbing small circles on my lower back, trying to ease my anxiety, which I'm sure he could sense with his darn wolf senses.

"Are you sure?" I bit my lip after I heard how shaky my voice was.

"Yes," Liam pressed a soft kiss on my forehead, making my eyes close at his warm touch. "You are important to me and I want them to know that."

"What if they don't like me?" I whispered with my eyes still closed.

"Babe," Liam's hands slid up and down my back, trying to wash away my worry. "They're going to love you, okay?"

"Did you already tell them I'm coming?"

Liam shook his head. "They don't know. I kind of want to surprise them," Liam smiled.

Liam's picture perfect smile has always been contagious, but not this time. I was too worried to smile. "Are you sure that's okay? I mean don't you have to run this by your alpha?"

Liam scoffed. "Scott will not have a problem with this. If anything, I think you should be worried about Stiles. He has trust issues, but don't worry. Stiles is going to like you almost as much as I like you," He grinned.

I sighed knowing Scott would definitely have a problem with me attending a pack meeting uninvited. But I couldn't let Liam down and crush his excitement. So I just nodded lightly. "Okay."

Liam tightened his grip around my waist, squeezing the air out of my lungs as he gave me the biggest bear hug. Before letting me out of his grip, his lips found their way to mine for a long and sweet kiss. "I'll pick you up at 7!" Liam yelled as he jogged to the locker room.

***

I squeezed Liam's hand with my clammy hand as his other free hand knocked on the wooden front door. The back of my neck was hot, flushed with redness I was sure. Small beads of sweat were forming on my forehead and I had never been so happy about having bangs to hide my sweat from Liam. I heard footsteps growing closer to the front door, making my heart ready to explode from my chest.