Last Call - Drabble (Part 2 to 'Drunk Last Night')

Buzz. Buzz.

Buzz. Buzz.

Y/N swarmed underneath her warm comforter in her queen size bed, trying to ignore her phone vibrating on her nightstand next to her bed.

Buzz. Buzz.

Buzz. Buzz.

An annoyed groan escaped from the back of her throat as her hand reached over for the phone. Her fingers found the side button and pushed it, instantly declining the phone call. She let out a deep sigh before she rolled back to her to her previous position.

Buzz. Buzz.

Buzz. Buzz.

Y/N let out a frustrated scowl as she rolled over to her side and read the clock. 2:30am. She rubbed her sleepy and tired eyes before she grabbed her phone to see who was calling her at this hour.

There wasn't a name displaying across her phone, only a number. She deleted his contact shortly after they broke up, but she'd recognized it anywhere. That number was burned into her brain.

Her heart was beating faster after each ring as she stared at her phone, at the number, wondering how long he was going to let it ring before he either hung up or left another voicemail.

The phone stopped buzzing and a new messaged popped in the middle of the screen: 2 new voicemails.

Buzz. Buzz.

Buzz. Buzz.

She went to her settings and turned off the vibration, automatically putting her phone on silent mode. She closed her eyes and pictured the same picture she'd always imagined since those late drunken phone calls started shortly after their break up.

Liam sitting at the bar in some sleazy country bar they went to every weekend, no doubt playing their song on the jukebox or listening to some heartbreak song and drinking down his sorrows.

The bartender telling him, "No more alcohol for you. We're closing for the night. Want me to call you a taxi or do you need to call someone to pick you up?"

She opened her eyes and looked at her phone.

6 New Voicemails

Y/N didn't need to listen to the voicemails to know what he said. It was always the same damn thing, an apology followed by a 'Baby, I still love you.' Some things never changed and she was tired of being his last call.

She placed her phone facing down on her nightstand and rolled over to her side in her cold queen size bed, facing a wall as the phone continued to ring silently, hoping it was the last call.

***

Author's Note: Guess who's back writing imagines?!?!?! 😊

I know I said I wasn't going to do a second part for 'Drunk Last Night', but when I found my old iPod from high school and came across Lee Ann Womack's song, I knew I had found the perfect song for a second part. So I hoped you liked it.