A Second Chance

"Ya know, I feel like we're Taylor Swift and Abigail in Taylor's music video 'Picture to Burn' right now," Madison pulled out the binoculars from her big purse.

Y/N and Liam had been dating for a few months, and lately he'd been cancelling their plans at the last minute to hang out with a few juniors. The excuses consist of "something came up with his family" or "Mason needed him for something" and the list goes on. Except, Y/N didn't believe any of it. She had a feeling he was cheating on her because, seriously who would bail to hang out with a bunch of juniors and then not ask her to tag along?

Which leads to why Y/N and her best friend, Madison, sat in Y/N's parked SUV in black, dark grey and navy blue clothing to blend with the night sky. They parked far away from Lydia's lake house but close enough to see with binoculars. Once again, Liam and Y/N had plans to have dinner and see a movie tonight, but he called saying he had a family dinner thing at his grandparents. Y/N wanted to settle it once and for all. She wanted to catch him in the act. She called Madison up and told her to dress in dark clothes to spy on Liam.

"Someone's coming out," Madison reported.

"Let me see!" Y/N whispered.

Together they looked through the binoculars. Y/N peeping through the left hole with her right eye while squinting her left eye, and Madison looking through the right hole with her left eye.

"That's Scott and Kira," Y/N confirmed.

"They're getting in the car and coming this way!" Madison whispered.

The two of them immediately ducked until Kira's headlights passed by and the sound of the engine faded. Madison slowly peeked up and looked through the back window, "okay, they're gone."

They both turned back to Lydia's house with the binoculars, and within a few minutes they saw Stiles holding Malia's hand, walking down the front steps. Y/N and Madison repeated the process they had done just a few minutes earlier as Stiles drove past them in his jeep.

It's been ten minutes since Stiles and Malia left, and Liam still hadn't left Lydia's lake house. Y/N couldn't shake the ugly feeling she felt. Her stomach was in knots, her mind was running with a million thoughts, and her insides were trembling with anxiety. The feeling of possibly being cheated on is a horrible feeling and she didn't like one bit of it.

"What could he be doing in there?" Y/N voice wavered with worry.

"I'm sure it's nothing," Madison tried to comfort her. "Maybe they're studying."

"Don't say that!" Y/N eyebrows furrowed with anger. "I don't need any ideas of what they could possibly be studying about this late."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel worse." Madison looked back to her side of the binoculars. "I see them coming!"

Y/N squinted back into the binoculars, and saw Lydia walking Liam to his stepfather's car that he borrowed when he needed to get around. They stood in front of the car and talked for a few seconds, making the girls in the car wishing they could hear what the two were talking about. As they were saying their goodbyes, Lydia leaned in to hug Liam with her hands slightly tight around his neck and his arms around her thin waist. When they pulled away, Liam gave Lydia a quick peck on her cheek, which made her cheeks turn slightly pink. Liam gave Lydia a small wave before backing out of the driveway.

Y/N slowly pushed the binoculars away from her in shock. She froze in place with disbelief about what she just saw. Her gut was right. He was cheating on her with a junior. A junior who happened to be the prettiest, smartest, and most popular girl at Beacon Hills High School. Y/N had enough insecurities to deal with, as she constantly saw freshmen girls flirting and throwing themselves at Liam, but she never thought she would have to compete with Lydia Martin. The Lydia Martin.