An Unexpected Surprise - Part 4

Things changed over the past four months. Scott got his pack back, Theo was in hell, The Dread Doctors chaos was done with, and Scott had saved Hayden's life by giving her the bite. Things were looking up... Well, almost.

Liam and Y/N became closer, but the closer then got, the more distant he became with Hayden. Liam hadn't told his girlfriend he got his best friend pregnant, and he was lucky Hayden was still learning how to use her new werewolf senses, as she hadn't been able to pick up the baby's heartbeat. He was dreading to tell her, because, truthfully, he didn't know how to explain it to her since his relationship with Y/N had changed too.

Y/N wanted Liam to tell Hayden. She was tired of holding on to a secret, especially one that would most certainly hurt Hayden. She had no problem with Hayden. In fact, she liked her and how she treated Liam. She knew Hayden loved Liam, but she had a feeling that might change the longer Liam kept their secret from her. It was only a matter of time before she found out, especially since Y/N was starting to show.

"Ugh," she groaned as she noticed her baby bump had gotten a little bigger. The first two months she didn't have a bump. By the third month, she had the tiniest bump, but it was small enough to hide it with her clothes. Her shirts couldn't hide her bump now. She knew a hoodie would do, but only for so long before people would really start to notice.

She sighed as she ran a hand over her stomach before resting it under the bump. "I know it's a good thing, but do you think you could stop growing for a couple of more weeks?" She whispered. She heard a knock on the front door. She grabbed her backpack on her bed knowing it was Liam picking her up.

Outside, Liam shifted his weight from one foot to the other with the balls of his feet. He was nervous and excited at the same time. Today Y/N was four months pregnant and they would find out the sex of the baby after school. He was hoping for a boy, someone to teach lacrosse.

"Good morning!" Liam said with a huge smile the second Scott flung the door open. "Is she ready yet?" He asked eagerly.

Scott chuckled, sensing the joy and excitement radiating from his beta. "She's almost done getting dressed."

Stiles stood next to Scott. "Are you sure you don't want a ride to school today?"

Liam shook his head. "Walking is good for the baby."

Stiles shrugged his shoulder with a "suit yourself" look at Liam.

"Scott, can I barrow your lacrosse hoodie?" Y/N asked as she came down the stairs.

Liam's eyebrows furrowed together, hurt she didn't ask for his. "Why don't you want mind?"

Y/N gave him a knowing look. "Because I'm pretty sure your girlfriend would have a problem with that."

"Oh shit," Liam whispered as his eyes widened, suddenly remembering something.

"What?" Scott and Stiles ask in unison.

"She was supposed to pick up this morning and I forgot to cancel on her since I was picking you up," he explained as Y/N stood next to Scott.

"And I thought I was the one that was supposed to have pregnancy brain." Stiles snorted at Y/N's remark. Scott smiled as he handed her his hoodie.

"It just slipped my mind. I'm excited about today! We get to find out what we're having!" Liam's smile reached the corner of his eyes.

Y/N chuckled and shook her head. She looked down and noticed a brown paper bag in his hand. "Whatcha got there?" She asked before she put on the hoodie.