Part of the Pack

"What's wrong, babe?" Liam asked Y/N as he lifted her chin with his fingers. His worried blue eyes scanned hers, searching for answers as her chemosignals radiated with so many different emotions. He cupped her cheek, his thumb gently tracing her cheekbone as he gazed into her eyes.

She sighed as she closed her eyes and leaned her forehead against his. She wrapped her arms loosely around his neck as he firmly gripped her hips with his hands. "I just don't know what else to do, Liam," she sighed, exhaustion evident in her tone. She fiddled with his hair at the nape of his neck. "No matter what I do, or how much you try to convince them, the pack will never accept me-"

Liam sighed and he tightened his arms around her waist as he interrupted, "Babe-"

Y/N shook her head, silencing Liam. "After everything I've done to them, lying to them about working with The Dread Doctors, backstabbing them by trying to tear them apart, and killing Scott to get his Alpha powers, I don't blame them... but it kind of feels like maybe I shouldn't be here..." she trailed.

"I don't care about them and I don't care that Scott is still upset I brought you back. I'd do it all over again if I had to," he meant every word he said as he looked deep into her eyes. "I love you... You're all that matters to me..." he sighed before he kissed her.

"I love you too," she pulled back. "But I wasn't talking about you bringing me back." He raised an eyebrow, questioning what she meant. Her hand slid to his chest above his heart as she drew random shapes with the tip of her fingers. "I meant maybe I shouldn't be here in Beacon Hills..." she left the sentence hanging, letting Liam process her idea.

He looked at her closely, wondering if it was an impulsive idea and she would take it back instantly, but she didn't. That's how he knew how serious she was about leaving a town where no one wanted her except him. He sighed as he rubbed her arms before pulling her to his chest. He held her tight and whispered in her ear, "If you want to leave... I won't stop you."

"You won't?" She whispered back, surprised.

"Only if you don't stop me from leaving with you," he ran his fingers through her silky hair.

She pulled back to look at him, completely surprised he was willing to leave his family and his pack for her. She knew he loved her but she didn't know to this extent. Just when she was about to talk him out of it, his phone rang. Liam pulled out his phone and looked down at a picture of Scott displaying on the screen.

"Hey Scott-"

"Liam! I need you at the school," Y/N heard the panic and worry in Scott's voice.

Y/N nodded at Liam, signaling she'd go with him and help Scott. He nodded back at her. "Scott, We're on our way," Liam said before he ended the call as they rushed to her car and headed to the school.

*****

Liam and Y/N had looked everywhere in school for Scott but had no luck finding him. There was only one place they hadn't checked yet, the library. The entire school was too quiet, eerie quiet. Liam slowly and quietly opened one of the double doors to the library with Y/N on his tail. They checked their surroundings but saw nothing. Y/N signaled she was going upstairs to the second floor. Liam nodded in approval before whispering a 'be careful' and checked the first floor.

As she walked up the stairs slowly, pieces of what happened here a few months ago flashed through her mind. It was the night of the Super Moon and her plan was finally falling into place as she had manipulated everyone in Scott's pack. When she reached the top of the stairs, she remembered watching Liam in complete werewolf form, furious, and ready to kill Scott as she hid between two shelves. A huge wave of guilt washed over her. She told herself she was stupid for letting the idea of having so much power mean everything, when in truth it meant nothing. If she could go back in time, she would change it all and make things right.