Thinking Out Loud

Note: This imagine was inspired by Ed Sheeran's song, "Thinking Out Loud." Some of his lyrics are used in this imagine. Those lyrics belong to Ed Sheeran. I do NOT own of them.

Liam's POV

I didn't care if it was late. I didn't care if my girlfriend got into trouble with her parents for sneaking out of the house in the middle of a school night. It was five minutes till midnight, and I wanted nothing more than to be with her at mid-night the night of our one-year anniversary.

A year ago, we met at the annual Beacon Hills bonfire. I tried to get drunk hoping it would calm my nerves down about berserkers finding me, and assassins hunting me down; but no matter how much alcohol I put into my soda, it didn't work. Mason gave me a concern look.

"You're not going to tell me to slow down?" I asked.

"Actually," he nodded his head no, "I was going to tell you to keep drinking. I think you should get drunk, and I mean stumbling down, fall on your ass, passed out, face in the toilet - drunk."

I chuckled, "Why?'

"Maybe then when I ask you what's going on, you'll be too drunk to lie. I'm not asking cause I want to know. I'm asking cause I want to help."

I looked away into the crowd, seeing Malia dancing with a flask in her hand in front of Scott. I looked back at Mason, "I'm gonna get another drink." I got up, and purposely dropped my bottle, "Yeah, I'm getting drunk."

I stumbled backwards as the music messed with my head, making me bumped into a girl I've never seen before as she spilled half of her drink on her top, and the other half on my jersey.

"S-s-sorry," I squint to focus, hoping the girl would be one person, and not two.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked.

I fell again before I could answer.

"Yes, he just had too much to drink tonight," Scott pulled me up, and lied to the girl. "Let's get you home, Liam."

I ran into her the next school day during lunch where we immediately apologized about the accident. We sat down at a table to eat our lunches where we talked, and laughed the entire lunch period. Everything fell into place after that.

The memory fades as Y/N brought me back to reality. "Where are we going, Liam?" She followed behind me closely into the dark woods as I led her with her hand in mine.

"You'll see in a few seconds. We're almost there."

Within a matter of seconds, we got to the clearing at the top of the cliff. The sun has been replaced by thousands of stars shining bright. A cloud passes by the moon, which hung low in the twilight sky, giving the slightest light in the woods. The trees swayed back and forth as the leaves fall down with the soft breeze.

"It's so beautiful," she said breathlessly.

"Yes, you are."

Her cheeks blushed with a light pink color, "where did you find this place?"

"When I was running around in the woods with Scott the other night. Wolf stuff." I pulled her into my chest, and wrapped my arms around her waist as she immediately covered my arms with hers.

We spent the next few minutes taking in everything, and looking up at the stars. The silence was peaceful, the kind where you don't need to say anything, and just do what you're feeling. I held her tight. She let out a small hum as I leave a trail of kisses from her cheek, down her neck, to her shoulder. I relaxed my head at the crook of her neck.

"Dance with me?" I whispered into her ear.

"What?" Her blue eyes looking into mine.

"Dance with me," I repeated. "Under the stars."

"But there's no music."

"Who says we need music?" I grabbed her hand, twirled her into my arms and dipped her back. Our eyes lock as I slowly pulled her back up. I securely wrapped my arms around her waist, as she placed her head on my beating heart. I closed my eyes, taking in the smell of her coconut shampoo. Together we swayed back and forth. Slowly, in sync with the light warm breeze, like we're the only two people in the world.

They say people fall in love in mysterious ways. I fell in love Y/N the moment I met her, and my love for her continues to grow more everyday with a touch of a her small, soft and warm hands intertwined with my fingers; the sound of her sweet laughter lingering every time I say something funny; lighting up the room with her beautiful and perfect smile, and her sweet and tender kisses.

Within the year, we've seen each other at our most vulnerable, shared our deepest secrets, and our biggest dreams. We're not afraid to be ourselves, show our good side or hide the bad as we bring out the best in each other. She's my best friend, my soul mate, and my true love. There's never a dull moment between us, and everyday is an adventure. If this how it'll always be between us, I look forward to it.

We've never really sat down and talked about it, but I've always wondered if she sees me waiting at the end of the aisle when she dreams about getting married, or picturing the perfect wedding dress knowing I'll think she'll look absolutely breathtaking in it. Does she think about the names she'll want for the 5 kids I want together? Does she think about raising our family together with all these memories we'll create to have forever, then starting our lives again the moment our last kid leaves to college, and watching our babies getting married and expanding our family with kids of their own? Because I do with everyday we spend together. It's a life I've always wanted, I just could never picture it because I never found the girl of my dreams, my best friend, and soul mate. Until, Y/N. It's a lifetime I want with her, and only her.

My mind continued to wonder about what our future would look like when my hair's all gone, and my memory isn't as sharp as it is today. When I no longer have my heightened senses, and super fast speed. When she won't have the strength like she used to, and I can't sweep her off her feet anymore. When we're racing down the street in our motor scooters, eating dinner at 5pm, and going to bed by 8. Our love will still be the same. I'll remember our love with every kiss. Every time her eyes look deeply into mine, she'll take me back at this moment when we were 16 and in love.

Her whisper breaks the silence, "what are you thinking about?"

I pulled back to look into her shining blue eyes. I tuck in a strand of her bangs behind her ear and lean my forehead against hers. I trace my thumb over her lips before leaning into to kiss her, "That maybe we found love right where we are."