Drunk Last Night (Drabble)

Fuck, Liam thought to himself.

Liam's head was throbbing as he slowly fluttered his eyes opened and tried to focus on the fan spinning slowly on the ceiling above him. His body felt heavier than usual as if he had been hit by a truck and dragged down the street. It was so secret he had one too many drinks last night.

Pieces of last night flash through his head. He remembered how it all started. A girl, who looked a lot like Y/N, walking over at the end of the bar and picked a song on the jukebox. But not just any song. She had randomly picked their song.

As the song played throughout the bar, the memory of Y/N burned through Liam's mind. The way her hair smell as soon as she got out of the shower, how gentle, loving, and patient she was with him, and how the sound of her contagious and sweet laugher caused his lips to form the biggest smile in the world. Suddenly, his chest began to feel tight with the memories; he needed to numb the pain. He called the bartender to refill his glass and told him to keep the scotch coming.

Snapping back to reality, Liam shook his head to shake away the memories, only to make the massive headache worse. Liam brought a hand up to cover his eyes, while his other hand reached for his phone by his nightstand. He pressed his thumb against the main button, the sensor picking up his fingerprint as his phone unlocked. Liam was immediately greeted with his phone call history. He had called Y/N about 10 times last night. He remembered he had left her voicemails saying things he shouldn't have said.

Fuck.

Hoping to sort things out, Liam dialed her number again. His heart drummed against his ribcage faster after each ring. A part of him was hoping she would answer and the other part was hoping he'd get her voicemail again.

"Hey! It's Y/N."

Of course she would ignore my call. She's been ignoring my calls since the breakup, Liam thought.

"Feel free to leave me a message." Her cheerful voice echoed through his ear as her message ended.

Beep.

Liam sighed as he closed his eyes. "Y/N, please ignore all the messages I left you last night. I'm sorry this happened again, but just like all the other times, I got a little drunk last night..."