"I believe you are also both aware that a human in our Coven is an offence, a crime worthy of death if deemed fit."

A small gasp fell from my lips, sucking in the gaze from the strange man, of whom stared shamelessly. I watched as he tilted his head unusually and squinted. "Come forward."

"No!" Elias snapped, pulling me back quickly in protest. "I suggest you think wisely before your next move, Council. I believe it to be in your best interest if you leave our property now. Being an offence to trespass on Royal grounds without permit."

"If it is true, you killed your King, that too is an act of treason of which, if you don't tread carefully, will set you in the eyes of the court."

A low, menacing growl rumbled from the mans throat as he bared his fangs aggressively. "We are above the Royal family, vampire, we are the court."

"However, too many crimes have been committed here to just turn a blind eye, we will not leave here without you both."

I was liable to breaking down on the spot but with reassurance from Elias words, I was going to trust him and so managed to hold my ground.

"However, the human can not live." With that said, it was seconds before the man in the middle leapt and he dived straight for me. My intense scream of terror echoed off the walls as Elias threw me to the floor, taking my place as he took a swift blow to the neck. I watched as he spluttered, blood oozing down his neck horrifically as he growled venomously.

I felt my arm and side throb painfully at the impact as I laid motionless, watching as Elias's eyes filled dangerously with an eery red. To me he looked breathtakingly beautiful, with his pure blood in form, it emphasised his beauty significantly.

This was bad, in fact, it was beyond bad, he was digging our graves he just didn't know it yet. I watched the tension consume the room as the two men stood eye to eye, Elias just a little taller and bulkier. I knew size and height wasn't particularly important because Elias had the upper hand anyway, he was a pureblood.

However, any move I would of made wouldn't of made all that much of a difference because what was going to happen was going to happen, with my input or not.

I watched as the man took a hesitant step back from Elias, whom of which had eyes as red as scarlet blood. The deep lengthy scar covering the side of his face almost looked deeper and more prominent, in fact, all of his features stood on high alert, captivating me all the more.

"No-" The look on the mans face was simply astonished yet was instantly consumed with terror as he stepped further away, stumbling over his feet as he gawked at Elias. "-you're extinct, we made sure of that with Victoria-"

But his words were silenced, for Elias was no longer here. Instead, something much darker and ruthless possessed his body, his mind and soul, determining and surmising options on whom to attack first as each second passed. It was too late and I found myself fearing for Elias, could he take on eleven men?

With a ferocious snarl, I watched as Elias tensed his enlarged muscles, flexing daringly as he crouched to his knees. Laying just a metre beside him had me cringing, this was going to be bad, the anger coursing through him was enough to just imagine the blood shed that was soon to come.

It all happened so fast, one minute Elias was beside me, eyeing up his targets. The next, he was ripping throats from man to man at a speed so fast that I was forced to look away. The sound of torture had my stomach curling and fingers clenching, this wasn't right, it shouldn't be happening like this but was there any other way?

I pleaded silently, watching as Elias tore through the vampires, dodging attacks and removing throats. Blood spluttered everywhere, up the walls, covering the floor and splattering over me. I was in too much shock to even recollect the situation, to feel emotion, it was terrifying. To see Elias commit so much evil was simply horrific, this wasn't him.

Despite the commotion, Esree crawled over to me, engulfing me into a tight hug, forcing my head into her neck as to prevent me from taking in any more of the scene. I shivered uncontrollably and sobbed into her hair, begging for it all to end. Minutes passed until the cries of pain finally came to a halt and Esree finally released me from her grasp.

Yet, as soon as I raised my head and locked eyes with a hungry looking Elias, I regretted it immediately. There he was, crouched low like a predator with his eyes focused directly on me. "Elias, you don't want to hurt her, she isn't food and you know it." My eyes felt as though they were seconds from bulging out of their sockets, I was wide eyed and vulnerable as I sat on my knees, trembling with fear. He didn't hurt me last time, he wouldn't now, I was sure of it. However, if I was truly that certain then why did I feel so frightened?

I watched his eyes swirl with crimson red, his dark hair sticking to his sweaty forehead as he observed me eerily.

"Elias." I croaked fearfully, trying to bite my lips in hope of preventing them from trembling. "Stop it now."

For a second, I was a little unsure of whether or not he could understand me, yet the deep growl indicated otherwise. He clearly didn't like to be told what to do and I wasn't going the right way about it, I just didn't know what move to take.

A sudden yelp of fright squealed past my lips at the sudden intrusion of my space, within the blink of my eye, Elias was inches from my face. However, this wasn't Elias and I knew his temper was raging and he wasn't thinking clearly, this was bad and I wanted Elias to come back now.