"He's dead."

I was certain a pin drop would of been audible in the silence swept room, it was uncomfortable and terrifying. My suspicions had been confirmed, they murdered him and that left one question, what were they going to do with us? "Now, why don't you tell the human to come over here and say hello."

My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets and within seconds, my pulse was beating so erratic that my head started to feel woozy and I was almost certain I was experiencing a severe motion of head rush. How did he know? Was it that obvious?

Elias released a low, threatening growl of warning as he shot his hand out next to his thigh, silently ordering me not to move an inch. I was more than happy to comply.

"Now, or the Princess dies."

I shut my eyes tight, this was awful and it was all my fault.

"Get off of me!" I heard a painful plea from a familiar voice as I peeked to the side of Elias, finally building the courage. At least ten men, the majority in dark black suits stool tall and menacing before us. All of which resembled each other greatly, bar the one in the middle, of which stood a little closer to us and wore a white suit. I watched as a man entered with a worried Esree, her arms restrained awkwardly by the large man.

"Don't make me ask again, you're out numbered vampire, I suggest you comply it's in your best interest."

I knew Elias could feel my trembling nerves as he turned around slowly, his dark, almost black eyes staring down at me emotionlessly. "Trust me." No sound left his moist lips, only the movement of the syllables as he gazed down at me, his jaw tensed and firm as he placed his hand at the small of my back, ushering me to the side of him.

My wide eyes instantly captivated the ones of the middle man, of whom clapped psychotically whilst smiling ridiculously. I watched an arising gleam glisten in his eyes as he gazed over at me with an astonished expression. He went to take a step forward when Elias released another deadly growl, of which halted the man in his roots. The man sent a look of disapproval to Elias but quickly ran his shameless eyes over my body for another time.

"A human." He spoke slowly but questionably, his eyes narrowing and widening by the second as though he couldn't truly grasp the surreality. "What business do you have here, human?" He asked curiously, running his tongue over his pink lips. "In fact," he paused eerily, his voice high pitched and laced with insanity. "what business do two royal unregistered vampires have in this Coven? Tell me, why have you remained secret from the Council?"

My heavy breathing wasn't going by unnoticed as all eyes were focused directly on me, my body, my skin. It was as though they had never laid eyes on a human before because their fascination was almost unbelievable. My eyes flickered over to Esree, her long hair was held in a tight bundle by the male captivating her. It was a very awful predicament to be in and I sure as hell wouldn't of wished it on anyone.

I felt heat radiate from the soft touch of Elias's fingers of which rested against my hip protectively. Almost as though he was subconsciously warning off others.

"It was Fathers orders." Elias spoke firmly, tightening his grasp instinctively, making me wince in reflex. "It is, after all, parental responsibilities to register their newborn, correct?"

I didn't miss the light gleaming in Esree's eyes at Elias's words, making me assume Elias had them with that, was this truth of which Elias spoke?

I saw the smile falter from the mans face, his dark features crunching in disapproval as he took a taunting step towards me. "Perhaps, but you can both still stand trial as you are both old and wise enough to know the rules."