1.2.3. Amber Alert

• Didedikasikan kepada Everyone who gave this story a chance

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chapter 3

§ Ambєя Alєяt §

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

They arrived at Violet’s house in eight minutes. Parked in the driveway was one of those miniature Smart cars. In the driver’s seat was Violet! Ezio knocked on the glass and he saw Violet jump a little. She waved and unlocked the car doors. Ezio and Elaine got in.

Violet said, “That’s funny. I was going to drive and pick you up, but since you’re already here, it saved me some time.”

                Ezio said, “By the way, do you mind if my sister, Elaine, comes with us?”

                “Sure. No problem.”

                “Where should we go first?”

                “Probably a place with free internet.”

They drove off and saw an internet café. Violet parked at one of those spaces that had a meter and they got out. As they walked, something caught Ezio’s eye. There were a couple of HD televisions in a display window; each was on sale for less than five hundred dollars. However, that was not what had got his attention. The program that was on was a breaking news report. Ezio watched and saw Elaine’s picture being displayed. There was a description being shown, such as her height, weight, age, clothes, and last known location. There was an Amber alert for her. Next, there was an outdated picture of Ezio. The prime suspect. Surprise, surprise. Not. Even though Ezio was about twelve in the image, you could clearly see his unmistakable features. Someone was bound to notice him.

 Ezio hadn’t lost his temper in a while, but now he was spewing profanity and started pacing around, grabbing his head. Furtive glances from other civilians came his way. In hushed voices, they talked amongst themselves and pointed at him. Had they seen the news and noticed the resemblance or did they just think he was crazy? Ezio glared at them and they backed away quickly, probably quaking in their shoes.

Elaine shushed him and pinched him. Hard. “We don’t want to draw any more attention to ourselves. It does no good for us.”

                Ezio responded, “Ow. Okay, then. We better hurry.”

He bought some coffee just to make the employees happy and made sure to pull out some money for the internet fee. Too bad the internet wasn’t free, but they had to make a living somehow, right? He and Elaine found an empty station and turned on the sleek, shiny computer. Abruptly, Ezio felt dizzy. His vision swarmed. He felt light-headed. That’s when he blacked out.

 {Stick around for the next chapter! A lot will be revealed!}