"Oh lord." I kneeled down next to her small frame and touched her space out face with tears falling from her eyes. "Honey what happened?" She remain in silence as more tears filled her eyes up.

I sighed knowingly and stood up, I knew better than to push her into telling me. You don't have to be a scientist to figure out that these two had a mayor fight. I brushed down my dress and walked toward the door, tuning off the lights.

I closed the door quietly behind me and went to see if Sebastian was in his office. I knocked on the door and heard a loud no in a grunting voice but entered anyways. "What part of I don't want to be disturbed don't you understand? Do I need to say it in Italian? Lasciami in pace! Vattene! " He pointed the whisky bottle at me before chugging it down in a big gulp.

"Sebastian..." He sniffed and moved the back of his hand across his nose. "I need to be alone, I need to think, don't you see?!" He stood up with a bang as he slammed the whisky bottle on the desk. "What happened? Your already drunk and your mate is up there in the dark crying her eyes out on the cold floor." He shrugged his shoulder uncaringly and slumped his body in his chair, bringing the bottle toward his lips as he took a long sip from it.

"Let her be and leave me alone!" He threw the bottle of whisky my way as he stood up from his chair and I cringed away at the loud sound of glass breaking in tiny pieces. "She's going to die can you believe that?" He started to spill out of nowhere and I jumped when he turned around to flip over the desk.

Sebastian..." I looked at him sadly as he laughed out like it was funny before pushing the bookcase down and I shrieked when the books scattered around with a loud sound. "Why?!" He growled out as he kicked the bookcase over and over. "Why her? Why not them! God dammit!" He kicked the bookcase once more before running his hands though his hair and did something I never thought he would do.

My son, the coldhearted one, the beast, the vicious one broke down crying, not having the strength to fight anymore. "Don't say that." I cautiously walked toward him and kneeled down next to him, pulling him into a hug. He held my arms tightly as he cried out in my arms like a baby for the first time ever, not even when he was little. He did not cry or weep and to see him now it just break my heart. 

He did indeed love her, so much that it hurts.

"You need to have faith baby, everything is going to turn out well, you'll see." I kissed on top of his head repeatedly and rocked us back and forth as I muttered soothing things in his ear. "Come with me, let's get you wash up. Come on."

I helped him on his feet and walked with him toward the door. "Let's get you cleaned up." I opened the door and got us out. "I don't want her to die." He choked out broken and vulnerable, his eyes glinting with tears and sadness.

"I know baby but you have to be strong for her, if you break who's going to help her pass through this? She can't do this alone son, she really needs you." I led him toward one of the guestrooms and guided him toward the bed, pulling his arm up and moved my head underneath it to slump him on the bed.

I took off his shoes and put them on the ground. "Take the rest of your clothes off, I'll put water in the tub." I stood up straight and walked toward the bathroom, filling the tub with water. He stumbled inside of the bathroom and I rushed toward him. "Come on, let's get you in."

I led him toward the tub and helped him get inside. I leaned against the tub and ran my hand through his hair continuously as I watched over him. "You must be happy, with her death the vengeance would finally be complete."

I sighed loudly and pulled my hand away from his hair, patting my thighs as I stood up and put my elbow on my hand. I put my fingers over my mouth and paced side to side. "You're right, my vengeance would finally be complete." I stopped pacing around and looked down at him. "But you're my son, I know how it feels to love a mate. Don't think I blamed you, I felt somewhat relief that he died after everything he put us through."

I felt good being open and honest with my son for the first time after years, I didn't want to admit it but it was like a relief washed over me the moment my mate died. He was nothing but cruel toward my son, telling him all those mean things and I like a good mate stood back as I watched as he mistreated our son.

His own flesh, his own blood, many times I wondered why? Was it because my son was better than him in everything? He wanted to be the best, the one person his son would look up to but his son was undefeated. Everything he taught him, he did them like it was nothing, things that even himself had to do three or four times before it was perfect.

He was jealous, it took me years to see this but he was indeed jealous of his own son. "He was jealous of you, it took me years to realize that." I put my hands on my sides and took a deep breath. "I should have been a better mother. I let him do this to you, you aren't a monster. I was the one who made you one when I didn't stop your father."

He turned to look at me and moved his wet hand through his hair. "You didn't turn me into a monster, I was the one who made myself a monster. He wasn't a monster I was. All this time it wasn't him. I used him as an excuse for my behavior. I'm the bloodthirsty one, not him." I was left shaken off by the revelation and looked down at him with knitted eyebrows from the confusion. "How is that even possible?"

"It's not the wolf that's cursed but the human part, I'm the one with the curse not him.