Chapter 157: The Depths Of My Soul!

Edit 5/11/24  Added some images I forgot about.

-WITH REN-

"Okay then...!"  Ren said as he opened the door to Evelyn's room.

"VALHALLA!"  Evelyn yelled excitedly.  "WE HAVE ARRIVED!"

"No, it's just your room Eve."  Ren replied as he carried Evelyn in.

"Where's all the mead...!?  And the sexy women on horses!?"  Evelyn asked she hugged Ren tighter.  "I want a battle-axe!  Where are they!?"

"Hopefully VERY far away from you for the time being."  Ren said as he chuckled, pulling Evelyn's blanket back as he does.  "Wouldn't mind the sexy women on horses though."

"No!  No no!  No talking about other girls in front of me!  Big No no!"  Evelyn said as she tapped Ren's head.  "Stupid!  Stupid hero!  Banned!  You are banned!  From talking- No!  From looking at other girls but me!"

"So if I want to tell you that your hair looks nice today or you that you did a good job on something; I'm not allowed to anymore?  You know, since you're...  A girl?"  Ren asked as he chuckled.

"...  Cheater."  Evelyn said as she pouted.  "No fair."

"There ya go."  Ren said as he placed Evelyn down on her bed.

"So soft...!  Like a cloud...!"  Evelyn said as she rolled around in her bed, giggling to herself as she does.  "Get in here Ren-Ren!  Lay next to me!"

"Uh, Eve...?"  Ren asked.  "You know that's a twin bed, right?  It's not going to fit 2 people."

"NOOO!  Ren-Ren stay here!  I want cuddles!"  Evelyn yelled as she flailed her arms up and down.  "Cuddle time, now!  Cuddle, cuddle!"

"Yeah, that bed's at full vacancy and is not taking new tenants right now."  Ren said as he chuckled.

Evelyn pouts, making her face even more red before she lays back down on her bed in anger.

"Stupid meanie!"  Evelyn said as she turned over on her bed, pulling her blanket along with her.  "Meanie Ren...!  Stupid...!"

"Yeah yeah..."  Ren replied as he opened Evelyn's window.  "Here, some fresh air.  Try to get some sleep, okay?"

"Hmph!"  Evelyn said as she ignored Ren and pulled the sheets over herself.

"Ignoring me?  Aww man."  Ren said to Evelyn sarcastically as he pretended to mope.  "I guess the Blue Valkyrie doesn't want to talk to little old me anymore.  That's too bad.  I'll just head back to my room then and- "

"Where're you going...?"  Evelyn asked softly.

Ren turns around and sees Evelyn sitting on her bed, hanging her head down and letting her long bangs cover her eyes.

"I'm sorry...  I didn't mean it...  Please don't go...?"  Evelyn said to Ren as she gently tugged on his jacket.  

"It was just a joke.  I'm just gonna get you some water for you to drink in the morning."  Ren replied.  "Be back in a jiff- "

"No...  Don't go.  Don't leave me again..."  Evelyn said as she tugged on Ren's jacket.

Evelyn begins to cry softly as she looks up at Ren, who becomes surprised by her expression.

"Why are you leaving me...?  I don't like it when you're not here...  Please don't go...?"  Evelyn asked softly.  "Please...  Just stay here with me...?"

"I'm not leaving you, I'll be right back. "  Ren replied as he wiped away Evelyn's tears.  "No need to cry Eve, I'm not going anywhere."

"Your hand...  Is so warm..."  Evelyn said as she held Ren's hand against her cheek.