Chapter 36: Let The Games Begin!

As the Rust Bucket Ultima traveled at hyper speed, Izuku was holding onto the edges of the control panel for his dear life.  Evelyn helps Izuku back into his seat and straps him in as Ren continued to stand with his arms folded, unnerved by the outrageous speed.  Izuku waves his hands back and forth, seeing after images and mirages of his hand as he does.

"Woooah....  Cooooool...."  Izuku stated as he looked at his hand's afterimage.

"Exiting hyper jump in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"  Rook announced.

Devlin switches the lever down and all the plumber's ships appear in a blink of an eye.  Izuku struggles to catch his breath as he smiles.

"That was... awesome!  A real hyper jump!"  Izuku exclaimed.

"First time's always exciting, isn't it?"  Evelyn asked.

Devlin snickers and covers his mouth to hide his amusement at the comment.

"Oh grow up Devlin."  Evelyn replied annoyingly.

"Team VIC-3, proceed onto Targorath.  The rest of the plumber's will be on standby for when the assault will be executed."  Rook announced.

"Roger Roger."  Devlin replied as he flew the ship ahead of the fleet.  "It'll still be a few minutes before we arrive to Targorath, so just try to relax for now!"

"I'll never understand how you don't feel even a little sick from hyper jumping Ren-Ren."  Evelyn commented.

"Hey, when you fly as Jetray around the universe a couple dozen times, you get used to the feeling."  Ren replied.

There is a moment of silence as Devlin continues to fly across the galaxy, Izuku watches the stars all pass him by with amazement.  Ren looks at Izuku's bright smile and chuckles at the sight, with Evelyn smiling softly at the two.  

"Alright, let's go over the plan one more time."  Ren announced, catching Izuku's attention.  "Izuku, you're going to be the participant fighting in the tournament.  Me, Devlin and Evelyn will be on standby as part of the crowd in case anything goes wrong.  Once you win the tournament, as dirty as it sounds Izuku; you'll have to take Vulkanus hostage in order to stop his hired bodyguards from doing anything rash, to which all of us can each take them down respectively."

"I have a question Sensei!"  Izuku said raising his hand.

"What's up?"  Ren replied.

"So, why did you choose me to fight?  Wouldn't you be a better fit to participate in the tournament?  Plus, won't my time out handicap be a problem?"  Izuku asked.

"Good observation.  You remember one of the bodyguards Vulkanus hired to protect him, Khyber the hunter?"  Ren asked.

"Yeah?"

"Well, Khyber is no joke.  He's an excellent hunter, able to track and hunt down any kind of prey he wants.  Me and him go way back, clashing with each other from time to time.  If I fight in the tournament, he'll instantly recognize my fighting style; regardless of what form I take.  That's why if you go, he may get suspicious; but he won't be sure, if anything; he'll be a bit confused, reason being that it was just his paranoia getting to him.  After all, he doesn't know that there's now a second Omnitrix wielder.  We can still maintain the element of surprise this way."  Ren explained.  "As for your time-out problem, I have a plan for that.  It may be hard on your body though, so try to bear with it for now, alright?"

"I-if you say so Sensei..."  Izuku replied.

Ren then hands Izuku a high tech flash drive like device.  Izuku takes it and studies it curiously.