Chapter 73: Hearts Ablaze!

"And... That's pretty much all there is to it. Still, asking me for something like this... You've gotten real brave over this past year Izuku..." Ren stated as he finished fiddling with Izuku's Omnitrix. "There, that should about do it..."

"That sure took a while this time..." Izuku stated.

"Hey, new Omnitrix, new controls. Cut me some slack kid." Ren replied.

S-sorry, I didn't mean it like that! Thank you Sensei!" Izuku said to Ren.

"This is just a one time thing, alright? Don't expect me to do something like this again in the future." Ren replied. "You know how Azmuth gets when someone "mishandles my precious creation!" and whatnot."

"Got it, still; thank you for this...!" Izuku replied.

"It's just about time for your match, isn't it?" Ren asked.

"R-right, I have to get going now! You'll still be watching, right Sensei?" Izuku asked.

"Of course I will, don't be stupid! Go on, get going before they disqualify you!" Ren replied happily.

"In that case, I'm off!" Izuku said as he ran to the door.

"Oh, one more thing!" Ren exclaimed suddenly, making Izuku stop in his tracks.

"When this event is over, meet me at our usual place, at the beach... I..." Ren stated as he tightened his fists. "I have to tell you something important..."

"What is it...?" Izuku asked.

"Not here, at the beach. Okay?" Ren asked.

"A-alright..." Izuku replied before exiting the room.

Once Izuku was out of sight, Ren takes a deep breath and sits back down on his chair. He looks down onto his Omnitrix with an unsteady gaze.

"I can't hide this from him any longer... This isn't just my burden anymore... As long as he's wearing the Omnitrix... I need to prepare him better for anything that may happen in the future..." Ren thought as an ominous and evil laughter echoed in his mind. "I'm going to tell him... Everything. About me... About the Omnitrix... About the curse that comes with wearing this device... I just... I hope this won't change anything between us Izuku..."

-BACK AT THE STADIUM-

"They didn't start yet, did they?" Ochako's voice asked the two from behind.

"Uraraka-san!" Tenya exclaimed as he turned to face Ochako, who was covered in bandages. "Are you okay!? Should you even be up and moving!?"

"I'm fine Iida-kun! Look!" Ochako replied as she punched towards the sky. "I'm just a little tried because of Recovery Girl's quirk is all...!"

"W-well, at least take a seat! You had a pretty rough time against Bakugo-kun after all!" Tenya exclaimed as he tapped the seat next to him. "Please, do not strain yourself any further!"

"I'm fine, really!" Ochako stated once more as she sat next to Tenya.

"You must've been really frustrated with how your match went..." Fumikage stated.

"Yeah... It's a bit disappointing to be honest..." Ochako replied.

"Well, rather than feel regretful; you should use this next match as a source of inspiration. I'm sure this match is something that everyone was looking forward to. The son of Endeavor against the rising star of U.A." Fumikage replied.

"Speaking of which, have any of you guys seen Deku-kun? I went to his waiting room, but he wasn't there..." Ochako asked.

"No, we haven't seen him since he brought you to Recovery Girl's office." Tenya replied.