Chapter 142: The Future Legends Initiative!

-AT THE MIDORIYA HOUSEHOLD-

Aizawa arrives at the door to Inko's apartment, he adjusts his tie and clears his throat before ringing the doorbell.  The door to Inko's apartment suddenly opens, knocking Aizawa back as multiple turrents and armed drones aim at him, laser sights planted on his chest.

"INTRUDER DETECTED!  UNIDENTIFIED PERSONEL LOCKED ON!  INITIATING INSTANT KILL PROCEDURE!"  The drones all exclaimed as they began to charge up their weapons.  "IDENTIFY YOURSELF ADULT MALE HUMAN OR YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED IMMEDIATELY!  SENDING DISTRESS TRANSMISSION TO PLUMBER'S HQ- "

"Woah woah woah woah, easy fellas!  Stand down.  Access code 86542.  Initiate administrative command override function 74-BC."  Devlin's voice suddenly called out from within the home as the drones and turrets all deactivate and return to their slots.

The turrets from the ceiling retract back as the drones reinsert themselves back into the wall.

"W-what in the world was- "

"Well, it's nice to know that the new security measures to Inko's place works like a charm."  Devlin said as he flipped a wrench in his hand.  "Sorry for the scare guy.  But you know, that's the whole intention of a security system.  To make sure people don't ever think about robbing this place."

Devlin steps out and offers his hand to Aizawa.

"You alright?"  Devlin asked.

"You're...  Devlin Levin..."  Aizawa asked as he looked at Devlin's hand.

"Nice to finally meet you Shota Aizawa.  Or do you prefer your hero handle, Eraserhead?"  Devlin asked as Aizawa takes his hand.  "Mama Inko told me you would be stopping by.  Asked me if I could greet you in case she didn't make it back in time."  

Aizawa stands with Devlin's help and the two shake hands.

"I...  Didn't expect to see you here...  Is Inko Midoriya...?"  Aizawa asked Devlin.

"She's still out shopping, I've been keeping down the fort while installing some new security measures to her house while waiting for you.  But you kinda came a bad time.  I was in the middle of a testing phase when you knocked on the door."  Devlin replied.  "I was gonna go metal and let these bad boys fire everything they got, but I guess they got you confused for me instead.  Must be the hair."

"R-Right..."  Aizawa replied.  "Um...  I stopped by today to speak about- "

"The new Dorms system U.A. is putting into place, right?  Yeah, Inko told me all about it and asked me to pass along the message for you."  Devlin replied as he gave Aizawa a thumbs up.  "You have my full permission.  I only ask that you put more effort into keeping all of your students as safe as you possibly can."

"I see...  In that case, I'll let you get back to your business then...  Excuse me."  Aizawa replied as he began to walk away.

"Hey."  Devlin called out to Aizawa, making him stop and turn back around.  "Since you came all the way out here anyway, how about we have a little talk?  You know, about that offer I mentioned in my email to you?  I was wondering when we'd actually get to meet, since you seem to be ghosting my email."

"I...  I don't really think now's the best time for this.  I have a lot of stops I still need to make and..."  Aizawa replied as he rubbed his neck.  "It'd be a lot of responsibilities to juggle at once if I accept...  Right now, it's just..."

"Well, I think that's all the more reason we should at least talk about it and see what we can do about everything.  I'm not trying to force you into anything, but Izuku's told me a lot about you. A lot of good things. Well, mostly.  Just a little chat, 20 minutes, max."  Devlin said to Aizawa as he gestured towards the door.  "I need someone that's capable and understands what they're doing as my Vice-Captain.  And based on what Izuku's told me about you and your skillset, I'd say you're the perfect fit for this position."