Chapter 71: A Silent Cry!

Izuku walks down the hallway leading out to the spectator seats, reflecting on what had previously occurred in the waiting room with Ren and Azmuth.

"I've never seen Sensei look that...  Scared before..."  Izuku thought to himself as he continued making his way down the hall.  "He was always smiling and confidant when he was around me and when we went on missions...  Even in the face of some really frightening villains, he never lost his composure...  But what just happened then..."

"When Ben died, the entire universe mourned for the loss of the Symbol of Justice... And Ren, well... He fell into a deep darkness that took many years for him to break out of..."  Azmuth's words replayed in Izuku's mind.

"Ben really was important to Sensei, wasn't he...?  It must have been hard on him when he died...  The look on his face, he seemed so... regretful..."  Izuku continued to think to himself.  "What Ben told me to pass onto Sensei...  "It wasn't your fault."...  That must have some kind of deeper emotional trauma behind it...  Sensei...  What happened to Ben that had you so shaken up...?  Should I even try to press him about it...?  He's always been there for me, when I needed help the most.  I want to return the same favor, but..."

Izuku arrives at the seats where his classmates were spectating the match from.

"Oh, Deku-kun!"  Ochako exclaimed as she waved towards him.  "Great job out there!  You were awesome!"

"Come sit with us!  We saved a seat for you!"  Tenya stated.

"Oh, thanks guys!"  Izuku replied as he began to make his way down towards the two.

As Izuku passes Masshirao, the two share a smile towards one another and nod, lifting up their fists as they do.  Izuku takes a seat next to Tenya and relaxes himself, leaning back in the seat as he does.

"You look tired, but after a match like yours; who wouldn't be?"  Tenya stated.  

"Did you go and see recovery girl yet?"  Fumikage asked.

"Yeah, I did.  I only had minor injuries though, so they healed up pretty quickly.  Don't worry about me,  I'll be fine, just need to catch my breath is all..."  Izuku replied.

"Midoriya-kun, I'm sorry for springing such a sudden question, but I must ask...  What was that green flash during your match?"  Tenya asked.

"Indeed, I wish to know myself.  It was bright enough to make Dark Shadow retreat by himself."  Fumikage asked.

"It was super cool though, it was like BWAAAH!  Then SHING!"  Ochako exclaimed as she made motions with her arms.

"A-ah, well...."  Izuku muttered, scratching his head nervously.

"Oh, Deku!  Your Omnitrix!  It's different now!"  Ochako said as she pushed Tenya over and leaned over to see Izuku's Omnitrix.  "So small and thin!  It's kind of cute!"

"You know, now that you mention it, it is...  Wasn't it black and grey before?"  Fumikage commented.

"Well, after the whole thing with Hatsume, it completely bit the dust, so the man that made this support gear ended up giving it a bit of an update..."  Izuku explained.

"Right, Hatsume-san broke your Omnitrix didn't she?  Made you turn into all those weird combo forms!"  Ochako stated.

"Yeah, I ended up getting a real lecture from him right after though..."  Izuku stated before chuckling.

"So you know the genius behind this device personally?"  Fumikage asked.

"Y-yeah...  More or less."  Izuku replied.