Chapter 35: Onward to Targorath!

-ABOUT 10 MINUTES LATER-

In the docking bay of the Plumber base, Devlin and Evelyn were talking to a a projection of a woman dressed in a similar fashion as Devlin.  The woman had short black hair, grey eyes and black lipstick on.

"Got it.  I'll notify everyone of the situation and tell them to be on standby.  I got 4 cells I know those 4 will love.  Even left Vulkanus's room just the way he left it, but with some modifications to make sure he stays here.  Say the word and we'll bust open a portal in a heartbeat."  The woman replied.

"Good to hear Linda.  As expected of my right hand."  Devlin replied.

"I'm apologize again Magister Levin, I should've been more mindful of Vulkanus's escape.  I underestimated him."  Linda replied.  "The responsibility is on my shoulders alone."

"Hey, don't worry about it, things happen all the time!"  Evelyn replied brightly.  "You've been doing a great job as Vice-Captain!"

"What matters now is that we stop him.  I'll contact you when to open the portal and pick up the trash.  Be ready."  Devlin replied.

"Yes Sir!  Vice-Captain Linda signing off!"  Linda declared before the projection shuts off.

Devlin puts the communicator back in his pockets.  Evelyn flies over him with a smirk on her face.

"Devlin... something you're not telling me?"  Evelyn said teasingly.

"No."  Devlin responded sternly.

"Hm... thats not what I'm feeling from you right now..."  Evelyn responded.  "You like-like her!"

"I do not!"  Devlin yelled back.

"You so like-like her!  Don't need to have empath abilities to see that!"  Evelyn replied happily.

"I swear Eve, you can be so damn- "

Devlin turns around, trying to walk away from Evelyn before seeing Izuku gawk at the green space ship.

"So... Cool...!"  Izuku replied.  "A real spaceship!  It looks amazing!"

"Izuku!"  Evelyn yelled out.

Devlin smiles and walks over to Izuku while Evelyn flies over to him eagerly.

"You've got taste kid.  I call her the Rust Bucket Ultima!"  Devlin declared.

  I call her the Rust Bucket Ultima!"  Devlin declared

"Originally, this ship was my old man's.  After he and mom retired, I made some modifications of my own and this was the result."  Devlin stated proudly.

"He used to spend hours on this thing!  Always tweaking and playing with something on it, you would've thought he was married to the thing!"  Evelyn added.

"Amazing, the technology here isn't anything close to what we have on Earth!"

"Hey, where's Ren-Ren?"  Evelyn asked.