Chapter 141: A New Future!

"The Nomu's that were captured are the same as the ones who attacked the USJ and Hosu City."  A man in front of a presentation said to the group before him.  "According to the scientists that we had examine them, they do not have any kind of human reactions whatsoever.  Unfortunately, we are not likely to acquire new information from them at all.  At least, nothing beyond what we already knew of them."

"And what about the ones that attacked Kamino?  After Vilgax's challenge?"  A man at the table asked

"And what about the ones that attacked Kamino?  After Vilgax's challenge?"  A man at the table asked.  "Those ones were quite different compared to the ones we captured.  They had a variety of powers and abilities quite different from the ones we've seen on Earth."

"Unfortunately, the Plumbers seized all of them as evidence due to their alien infused DNA within their bodies.  We were not able to secure a sample of these new Nomus to study for ourselves."  The man presenting replied.  "And...  The warehouse where the first batches of Nomus were kept has been completely and utterly decimated.  There's hardly anything left there.  All we can do now is continue our own investigation on their manufacture."

"We haven't gotten anything more beyond the basic set of information from the plumbers either, right?"

"Isn't there anyway we could press them for more information at all?  Those Nomus, no matter how spliced they might be; still came from the Nomu samples we have on Earth.  If anything, we have just as much right to those things as the Plumbers do."

"Considering the fact that it was because of Ren 10,000's presence alone that brought this...  Vilgax the Conqueror to our planet in the first place, I don't think we'd be asking for much."

"They owe us that much curtesy if anything

"They owe us that much curtesy if anything.  Maybe we should- " 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."  Hawks said to the men as he played with his feathers.  "Don't forget that we're already on thin ice with the Plumbers thanks to that little manhunt we put on Ren 10,000.  And with the meeting with the United Nations settled, any kind of actions you all try to take that would seemingly challenge the Plumbers themselves would incite more conflict.  Which in turn, would halt the process of Earth joining this U.G.P.A. thing."

Hawks lets his feather fly around him before spinning it on his finger.

"Long story short, any act that could be seen as ones of aggression or would insinuate a power play against the Plumbers will basically throw all of Earth's progress away, all if it gone because you people didn't like it when a bigger organization kept secrets from you.  Then the people's faith in the association would waver even more than it already has in the last few days, which in turn; would make you all lose whatever grip you have left in society."  Hawks explained.  "Is this really the move you guys want to play into?  I may be just a simple tool in your arsenal, but even I can see that this is a useless and quite frankly...  A really stupid plan."