Chapter 48: Will You Run?

"Bastard, get off of me!"  The bunched-up villains yelled out.  "I can't!  What the hell is this thing made of!?"

The three all look over at the ball of villains, chuckling to themselves as they stare at the struggling villains

"Do you think that will be enough to hold them?"  Tsuyu asked the group.

"I had a bowel movement this morning, so those things will stick all day."  Minoru replied.

"In that case, looks like they're effectively decommissioned for the time being.  You guys alright?"  Ripjaws asked.

"We're both fine, thanks to you Midoriya-chan."  Tsuyu replied.

"Hey, you guys helped too!  Anyway, we should make getting help our top priority."  Ripjaws stated to the group as he pointed to the exit.  "You guys should avoid the central plaza and head towards the exit."

"That makes sense, Aizawa-Sensei has drawn a large number of villains to the plaza."  Tsuyu replied as she looked at the central plaza, witnessing the occasional bursts of chaos.  "But what about you Midoriya-chan?  Aren't you going to come with us?"

"I can't just yet, I still have about 3 minutes left before my Omnitrix times out.  Ripjaws can't breath on land, so I don't have a choice but to wait."  Ripjaws replied.

"Omnitrix...?"  Minoru asked confusingly.

"O-oh, the device on my wrist...  Or rather in this case, on my chest."  Ripjaws replied as he looked in the direction where Aizawa was fighting.  "There's no time to waste, you guys go on ahead.  I'll catch up when I can."  

"Midoriya-chan..."  Tsuyu replied.  "You're not thinking of..."

"...Aizawa-Sensei..."  Ripjaws simply replied.  "He overexerted himself by jumping into that crowd of villains to protect us..."

"Midoriya, don't say what I think you're going to say...!"  Minoru 

"If he gets into a bad situation due to that...  I can't just stand by and watch!"  Ripjaws boldly stated.  "If there's anything at all that we can do in order to lighten his load, even if it's just a little..."

Tsuyu and Minoru both stare at Ripjaws, who looked in the direction where Aizawa was fighting at.  Ripjaws then suddenly dives back into the water and swims towards Aizawa's direction.

"I have to at least try!"  Ripjaws yelled out.  "Head for the exits, both of you!  I promise, I won't do anything too rash!"

"Midoriya-chan...!"  Tsuyu yelled out.

"W-what do we do now...?"  Minoru asked Tsuyu with fear in his voice.

"...  We do as he says, we have to regroup with the others..."  Tsuyu replied with slight hesitation in her voice.