Chapter 139: The Cry of Freedom!

Ren sits on a space-ship train flying through the infinite cosmos as he wears a hood and wears a facemask.  Around his ears where a pair of headphones where he listens to the music on his device from Earth, tapping his foot to the rhythm of the song as he glances at the other passengers.

"Feel the rhythm of the streets...  Neon lights and neon dreams...  Bloody fists they feel no pain... When there's so much more to gain..."  Ren sang quietly to himself as he continued riding the train.  "Hunting season if you will...  Tell me where'd you'd rather be...  I can hardly see the moon... Hope we'll get there pretty soon..."

A loud beep is heard as everyone looks up at the lights above him.

"Next stop, Planet Vilgohdon.  Repeat, Next stop; Planet Vilgohdon."  The Train announcement said.

"Vilgohdon...?  Who the hell would wanna go back to that shit-hole of a place?"  A passenger asked as Ren stood up, surprising the passengers.

"Trying so hard to release...  You out of the misery...  Hold on to your wishes...  If you can't hold on to me..."  Ren continued singing quietly as he pressed the button on the door.  "Forgive me for letting you down...  Forgive me for letting you down again...  Guess I'm not strong enoughRight now..."

"One passenger, stopping at Vilgohdon.  Please, standby for teleportation."  The train announced as Ren patiently awaited for the teleportation sequence.  "Teleportation sequence primed.  Please, enjoy your stay at Planet Vilgohdon."

"No.  No I...  I don't think I will."  Ren whispered as he's suddenly teleported by a flash of white light.

Ren opens his eyes and takes a look around, seeing the yellow dust-filled atmosphere and the destroyed buildings around him before sighing deeply.

"Here it is...  Home sweet home.  How you've been Vilgohdon...?  It's been awhile..."  Ren said as he stared out into the desolate city and dirty streets below.  "Exactly how I remember it...  Desolate and devoid of hope as all hell..."

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm only here for a short visit

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm only here for a short visit.  Just to bury some old ghosts...  And visit some old friends...  I ain't staying too long."  Ren said as he adjusted the backpack over his shoulder.  "You've taken more than enough from me as is...  I won't let you consume me again..."

Ren proceeds to walk through the dirty and destroyed streets, taking in the sight of the criminals and illegal activity around him.  He sees prostitutes' on the side of the street, flashing their tattoos on their breasts as the men in front of them pay for their services.  He looks down the street and sees a secretive drug deal happening where the two men shake hands and exchange goods.

He looks down towards another alleyway and sees two street gangs fighting each other in an old parking lot.  Ren looks at the colors of their jackets, along with their logos on the back.  The two sides fighting were "Midnight Oni's" and "Red Shogun".