Epilogue

Now, for the very last time, an update for this story. 

I hope you enjoy it <3 <3

3rd POV

The heavy door opened with a loud rattle and the guard escorted the visitor to his desired destination. He walked purposefully, yet stiffly and monotonously. He ignored other guards who greeted him along the way.

Another door opened and the guard and visitor entered a cell containing a woman in her sixties.

"You may leave."

"Yes... Sir..." The guard replied slowly and left. The older woman looked up with a bored look on her face. She looked puzzled as to why someone who was obviously not a prison guard would enter her cell. Besides, she hadn't had any visitors since she arrived here.

"Zhao Liying." The stranger, whose face was hidden behind a hood, called out, and it took her a while to realize that he was talking to her. There were no names here, only numbers, so she hadn't heard her name in a while.

The stranger looked at the woman in front of him. "You are Zhao Liying, Luo Jin's old housemaid. Your friend used drugs to make you go against your conscience and share an eventful night with your employer."

Zhao Liying's face showed no reaction.

"I despise people who use drugs to get what they want." The stranger said. "Xiao Zhan should not exist, and you are lucky that someone was able to change my mind about certain things, otherwise I would be furious that Xiao Zhan was conceived."

It had been a long time since Zhao Liying had heard her son's name, so it was no surprise that it made her react. Her eyes sparkled for a moment before becoming emotionless again.

"Xiao Zhan is a wonderful child. Righteous, confident, and very intelligent. He knows what he wants and how to get it, he has strong opinions about certain things and I know for a fact that his future is very bright. He is also very talented." The stranger took something out of his pocket and held it out to Liying.

"I thought you might like to see him again." He took out a picture of Tang Yan hugging Xiao Zhan from behind, Luo Jin standing next to her looking proud, and Yibo standing next to Xiao Zhan holding his hands.

But Zhao Liying didn't even look at the picture. She completely ignored it and kept her eyes on the stranger, looking suspicious. The stranger sighed and put the picture back into his pockets.

"What you did back then was evil. Killing people was one thing, but justifying your actions with your love for Xiao Zhan is even more evil. Xiao Zhan is not fond of what you did. No one does. Murder is murder, no matter what the motive."

As if a switch had been flipped, she began to scream.

"Those disgusting bitches dared to touch what is mine! Xiao Zhan is my son, my only son! No one can have him! NO ONE!"

"He belongs to no one but himself, girl. Is your obsessive love for him really the reason for what you did?"

She began to curse the two poor souls who had lost their lives at Liying's hands. She screamed what a shame they had been to the world and how selfish they had been in trying to take Xiao Zhan away from her.

The stranger shook her head at this sight. It seemed that she had lost her mind a long time ago. But what bothered him was the fact that although she claimed to have done everything for the sake of her son and proclaimed her love for Xiao Zhan, she didn't even want to see a picture of him.