Chapter 17: More Information

Back again. Took me a little longer, I am sorry. 

This chapter is a little longer than the others and I hope you will enjoy it :)

Have Fun <3 <3

Xiao Zhan's POV

He let go of my arm and continued to walk back to our room. He didn't turn around to check if I was following him and I decided to not test his patience further and followed him quietly until the door to his apartment closed behind us.

"Stop causing me trouble!" He ordered before approaching his room.

"Then how about you explain to me everything so I won't need to cause trouble?" I said. "Or I will just sneak out again and find answers myself. I mean, you won't notice it anyway. And here I thought you had a perfect hearing."

He turned around and stared at me for a few seconds before he walked back to the door to flip a switch I hadn't noticed before. I looked up but the lights weren't affected by it.

"The walls in this world were built with a special material which helps us to keep certain things away from the perfect hearing of other vampires. So no matter how good your hearing is, you won't hear a thing through those walls."

I was about to say something but he interrupted me. "No. This material does not exist in the human world. You don't need it there. If a vampire who lives in your world doesn't want to hear what happens next door, he just has to block the sounds. To learn that ability takes a lot of time and effort and that is why only older vampires can do it. The more skilled you are, the earlier you can learn it."

"Can you do it?" I asked curiously.

"Can." He answered and pointed to the switch. "If we build or rebuild a house we can choose how we want the walls to be. Most of the buildings in this world have this special material firmly anchored. But some walls, those of the palace for example, were built so that you can turn them on and off, mostly to make sure that no one is planning treason within these walls. Also, we seldom have humans here, but sometimes it does happen and this makes sure they don't sneak around."

He looked at me firmly when saying that but I shrugged it off.

"That switch, can you find it in every room in this palace?"

"No," Yibo answered. "The throne room and the offices of the King and the Queen have no such switch. The material is firmly anchored in those rooms. But in the rest of the rooms, except for a few others where this material is not used at all, there is such a switch."

"So there are rooms with normal walls? Why? And which rooms?"

"There are some. The Queen didn't want that special material to be used so these rooms were rebuilt without it. Enough of that." Yibo turned away and for a moment I thought he would go back to his room but instead, he took a seat on the couch. "Sit down and ask you questions. Make it quick, I am tired."

I blinked a few times before sprinting to the couch and sat down. Now that I had a chance to ask him everything I wanted to know, my mind was blank. Well, except for one question.

A few days ago, when we were still at Haoxuan's house, I saw what I looked like. My eyes, my teeth. That wasn't something I could forget easily. Or how weird I felt. I also remembered what I did to that girl in the infirmary but that could have been me being a pervert cheater. I cheated on Min-Ah by approaching that girl. It would make sense. My father cheated on his wife too so I must have inherited that part of him. Inheriting something like this was normal. Not that other part these people claimed I had inherited. I mean, how could vampires exist? They only existed in books or movies. Not in real life.