Chapter 18: Haoxuan's Confrontation

Here I am with the new chapter and hope you will enjoy it <3 <3 <3

I am sorry that I can't update more frequently but I will try my best. I hope I can give you guys another update by Sunday :) 

Xiao Zhan's POV

"What are you doing?" I asked confused when Yibo took a bite from each of the plates. "Didn't you eat enough earlier?"

"Were you too busy watching me than eating something yourself?" Yibo asked back and I bit my lips.

"No! I was just not hungry!" I answered. "But you seem to have an insatiable hunger."

"I am proving to you that the food is not poisoned."

"What for?"

Yibo put down the fork. "Isn't it because you think the food is poisoned that you did not eat?

I widened my eyes in shock. 'How in the-'

"No answer is also an answer." Yibo frowned. "Why would you think that? The Queen made sure only food she believes you like will be on the table."

I pressed my lips together. It was already embarrassing enough that I was found out. I surely won't add more to it.

Yibo got up and stood in front of me. It was slightly intimidating as he was half a head bigger than I was.

"Do you really believe the Queen poisoned the food?"

'What the hell?' I tried to not look like someone who was caught doing something bad but with the way Yibo looked at me, it wasn't easy.

"Xiao Zhan, stop thinking nonsense. You are the crown prince. You are the son His and Her Majesty always wanted. They are the last persons ever who would want you dead."

"Yeah, I am sure they wanted a son but I am also sure he should have been born by the Queen instead of by my mom," I mumbled and bit my lips when my stomach started growling.

"I would like to get the facts straight with you but that is not my job. Her Majesty would like to speak to you once you made yourself at home so please prevent yourself from having these stupid thoughts. Until then, eat as much as you want. No one will kill you."

"That is not what you said before," I answered. "Moreover, this is not my home. I don't have a home. Not anymore." I stated while massaging my forehead. This was too stressful that I started to have a headache again.

"Yes, you do. If you would only accept it. But if you think you have no home, fine, then why not start to make this your home from now on." Yibo said and pointed at the several plates with different food on them.

"I did say that there are people who would probably want to kill you but no one from your family. I was talking about the enemies of this kingdom. Her Majesty is not your enemy but your family."

I was about to say something but Yibo raised his hand and got up. "Eat up. You will feel better. As you just saw, nothing is poisoned."

"I never ask you to play the food tester..." I whispered annoyed and grabbed the fork Yibo left behind.

"I doubt you would have eaten something if I didn't," Yibo answered and I frowned at him.

"Stop listening to everything I say!"