Chapter 44: The calm before the storm

I am back with the next chapter. The title says it all, I guess ^^

I hope you enjoy it <3 <3 

 "You're late!" My father looked at us angrily. Or rather, he looked at Yibo and showed his emotions when we entered the dining room an hour later.

"I am sorry, Your Majesty." Yibo apologized with a quick bow. "His Highness needed my help with something and..." He stopped.

"I told you you would regret it." I wiggled my eyebrows at him. "You are weak, Yibo."

There was something in his eyes that told me he wasn't going to let me off the hook, and I just shrugged before sitting down.

"Yibo, how about we go hunting after breakfast?" My father suggested.

"Sure, but I won't be polite." Yibo reached for a glass. "Pineapple juice?" He asked my father, who looked disappointed and slightly annoyed.

"No, thank you!"

"Where is Xuan Lu?" I asked and it was the Queen who answered.

"She said she wanted to stay in her room. I think she is sulking."

"Don't tell me you actually sent a letter to that prince?" I looked at her disapprovingly and she chuckled.

"Of course not, sweetheart. I won't do anything against her wishes. Besides, there's no need for me to rush and get her to meet him because with or without my help, she's going to marry him."

"You seem pretty confident." I pointed out.

"I am. You saw the future, didn't you? From what you saw, she managed to fall in love and get married all by herself, without my help. So whether she wants to or not, they will meet at some point." She shrugged. "I just have to be patient."

"I've only met the child a few times, but never talked to him. I hope he is a good boy..." My father worried.

"He is. There is no way you would let him marry our LuLu if you were not satisfied with him."

"The king in Xiao Zhan's vision and I are different people, my dear. I think I need to step up my game and find better ways to test these scoundrels." He looked at Yibo, who lowered his in respect before starting to eat his breakfast.

The Queen and I grinned at each other. Then I looked at the empty seats. I was about to say something when the doors opened and Haoxuan walked in. Ji Yang was nowhere to be seen.

"Where have you been?" I asked him.

"Ah... I was tired." He smiled. He looked a little tired, but otherwise, I didn't see anything unusual. I watched as he sat down and started to eat.

"I think he's sick..." My father whispered to the Queen, watching my best friend. "He usually gives you those annoying looks, but not today. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing he stopped. But still..." 

"Where is Ji Yang?" I asked him, almost choking on my breakfast when I saw him blushing. I was not joking, I was serious. He was literally blushing.

"I don't know," was all he said before concentrating on his buns, which he almost stuffed into his mouth.

"I hope you know what you're doing..." I said to him and he stopped eating for a second to look at me seriously.

"I have no fucking idea..."

My father started to cough and the Queen patted his back. "Haoxuan, I think it is too early for such foul language." She smiled.

"I don't think Dad is coughing because of that..." I side-eyed her.