Chapter 32: A serious conversation

Here I am with the new chapter. I thought I would be able to fit everything in one last chapter before the time skip but I guess I need to divide it into two chapters.

Please enjoy <3 <3

Ji Yang's POV

Sitting here at the same table as him was difficult. I didn't need blood right now but that didn't change the fact that I wanted to drink it nevertheless. Knowing that only a couple of meters away was sitting someone who was carrying blood I was carving for even if I wasn't hungry was the worst. I was barely able to listen to what the royals were saying as my attention was on myself, trying my best to not do something I shouldn't.

I couldn't understand why I wanted to dig my fangs into his skin even though I wasn't thirsty.

"Oh, by the way, Xiao Zhan, the lady we brought here to donate blood to you is still in the palace and-"

"I won't drink from her!" I heard his highness insisting.

The Queen chuckled. "I know and because I didn't want to waste her time, I told her that her services won't be needed. She will leave tomorrow."

I watched how Haoxuan played with his food. Food he barely touched since entering this room. He looked absentminded. What was he thinking?

I flinched the moment I saw the skin on his finger open and the precious and delicious red liquid flowing out of it. The smell was wonderful and I could feel a strong pull deep within me, wanting me to jump up and take his finger ...

My whole body tensed up and I looked around, checking if anyone was ready to beat me to it. The Queen got up and the only reason why I did not attack her was that she looked perfectly fine. There was no hunger in her eyes, no sparkle of excitement, no other sign that indicated she was going to drink something she shouldn't.

Haoxuan kept apologizing and her Majesty continued calming him down. She took a look at his finger and I clutched the table in anticipation. I tensed up even more when she brought up the topic of healing his finger. I glared at Haoxuan trying to make him reject the offer but he didn't even look in my direction. It seemed that he was not too stupid after seeing him decide to go with the human way of healing.

"Eh... no, I think ointment and bandages sound good."

My body relaxed but only a little. The smell of Haoxuan's blood filled the air and my nostrils. I wasn't hungry for it but if something so delicious was right in front of my eyes, it was difficult to not take the opportunity.

Just then His Highness Xiao Zhan went forward and did what I was fantasying about. He took Haoxuan's finger and healed his wound which was a good deed but knowing that he tasted the blood I was carving for made me incredibly annoyed. Mixed with the need to push the prince away and take Haoxuan away, was a combination that could make me do something very dangerous so all I could do was run away.

I knew this situation was not normal and I also knew all it needed for me to get a hold of myself was to do what a vampire had to do. I had to drink blood from my kind or within no time I would get thirsty again and who knew what would happen then?

Finding out about Haoxuan's blood and my craving for it, had me go overboard. That night I drank far more than I should have and I went too far. I was blinded by everything. The smell... the taste... for a moment it was too much to handle. I was good at keeping control but I almost lost it that night. If he hadn't grabbed my hand, if he hadn't prevented me from losing myself, I would have gone even farther, I would have stilled not only my hunger for blood....