Chapter 42: Second Ability

Here is the next chapter with our favorite couple. Hope you enjoy it <3 <3

Xiao Zhan's POV

"Mother, I think we need to talk about the other thing as well." Xuan Lu spoke up.

"What now?" I groaned.

My sister turned to me. "I think you have another ability. One that is quite strong."

"As if one wasn't enough..." I mumbled. "So? What else? Can I fly? Do I turn into a bat or something?"

Yibo laughed, but I wasn't in the mood for jokes. This question was serious. Although I do remember Haoxuan asking the same question once. I just can't remember the answer.

"This is a fairy tale made by humans. We do not turn into bats." Xuan Lu smiled and I nodded, remembering what Yibo had told Haoxuan weeks ago. I can't believe it's been weeks already.

"Okay. What is the other ability then?" I wanted to know. My sister looked at the Queen who nodded at her.

"Xiao Zhan, do you remember what you said when I picked up Yibo to help in the kitchen two days ago?"

"Um... I said a lot."

"We were talking about Mei Mei, remember?"

I huffed and she giggled.

"You were ranting and raving and making your demands pretty obvious." She looked at Yibo with a smile.

"Right, you kept trying to convince me that Yibo and her looked good together. Which they do not!"

"Xuan Lu..." The Queen frowned at her.

"What? I was just... testing the waters?" Xuan Lu giggled.

"Stop teasing your brother."

"All right, Mother. It won't happen again."

"Yeah, sure..." The Queen rolled her eyes, making Xuan Lu laugh out loud. The King wrapped his arms around his wife's waist and nudged her neck with his nose.

"Whatever!" My sister got serious again. "You said, and let me quote you: She can fuck Leo or anyone else for all I care, but she better keep her hands off Yibo!"

I looked away. "I don't remember." That was a lie. Of course I did.

"Well, I did. And it was very strange that exactly that almost happened. So I think you might have had a hand in her actions."

"What?" I frowned.

"Mei Mei can neither remember nor explain her sudden desire to ... well, jump on Leo. I know her and so does Yibo."

I looked at Yibo and then looked away angrily. Was that unreasonable? Maybe, but I couldn't help it. Just hearing both names in the same sentence made me feel like a bomb was about to explode. It was really quite scary.

Yibo cleared his voice. "They weren't talking, Your Highness. They weren't even near each other, so I don't think Zhan had anything to do with it."

"You don't have to talk to make someone do something." The King interjected. "The first King had the ability to manipulate the minds of anyone he wanted, be it human, vampire, or even animal, with a simple eye contact."

"But he was a pure blood. Zhan is not." Yibo said.

"That doesn't mean he can't have this ability," The King told him.

"I thought vampires could only manipulate the minds of humans. That was what you told me during our lessons." Now I was confused.

"Then you were not paying attention." Yibo smiled. "I said that most of us have this ability, but not everyone. And I also said that I had never met a vampire who could manipulate the minds of our species."