Chapter 22: My first meal

The headline says it all... ^^

I hope you enjoy the new chapter <3 <3

Xiao Zhan's POV

I filled my plate with more pancakes before I started to dig in. I didn't realize how hungry I was.

I ate a lot until I had a stomachache but the hunger didn't fate. I was still hungry but the pain in my stomach wouldn't let me continue eating. Instead, I drank a lot of water which didn't help at all. All I could do was lean back and hold my stomach while staring at the food on the table. My throat hurt a little and I guessed I must have strained it too much with all the food I devoured.

"Your Majesty, I think it is about time we bring over a donor," Yibo said next to me.

"I think so too. I didn't think it would happen this soon after it has been only about two weeks. It was a lot he drank then."

"But by far not enough to satiate a first-timer," Yibo answered and I felt his eyes on me. I looked at him with a frown.

"What is it?" I asked not necessarily friendly. It wasn't my fault, though. I just wasn't in a good mood right now. Of course, that doesn't mean I could let it out on Yibo but ... he was the closest to me and had to act as my punch bag.

"Are you done?"

"I guess so. I am still hungry but I can't eat anymore or I might burst." I said, a little more friendly now before I reached to the ewer and poured more water into my glass. I heard a small chuckle and I turned to the Queen who was watching me.

"Leo, I want you to find a suitable donor for the prince. Make sure to find someone we can trust and won't have their own agenda."

I frowned. 'Donor? For me? What exactly-?'

"I shall do my best but it might take a few days. Nowadays, everyone is getting rather interested in the palace. Many families out there are trying to find out more about His Highness and when there is even the slightest chance to enter the palace, they will grab it and offer their daughters." Leo answered.

"I am sure your wife and you are capable to find a good donor for Xiao Zhan."

"We brought in two for Mr. Song and they seemed suitable-"

"I would refrain from calling over the lady with the blond hair, Leo." Ji Yang spoke up. "Her goal was more than just donating her blood. She kept clinging onto me, trying to make me send the other lady away and offering me more than her blood. It wouldn't be much of a problem but she kept calling me Your Highness making it obvious what her goal was. I sent her away right away."

'Blood? Donating to me!? Are they nuts!?'

The Queen frowned. "Leo? Who was that?"

"Lady Xu Bing from the Xu family. She didn't seem interested first, she didn't want to enter the palace and even rejected the offer at first. I must have made a mistake in choosing her. I apologize, Your Majesty." Leo bowed.

"I guess it isn't easy to find someone who doesn't have ulterior motives. Getting the prince's attention will give them a high chance of becoming the next Queen." The Queen sighed. "I really can't understand it. Do they think being Queen is all fun and games? This is one stressful job and I would love to give it to someone else."

"May I recommend someone?" Ji Yang spoke up again.

"Please." The Queen signaled him to speak.

"It might be a little too soon but... the lady who donated her blood to me doesn't seem to have ulterior motives at all. All she did was donate her blood and she then left. I don't remember much of that night just yet but I feel her blood was delicious and it helped to quench my thirst amazingly well. She might be the perfe-"