Chapter 14: Change of plans

Here I am again :) 

Little information ahead:  When I write "wife" I mean the legal wife; when I write "mistress" it's the second mistress. The others won't appear. 

Alright then... let's get it over with this chapter so we can enjoy more "real" content ^^

Hope you enjoy this chapter :) 

3rd POV

The prime minister was currently eating dinner at home with his lawful wife, and his legitimate children except for one who was close to her prime and therefore had to stay in her room. Sitting at the table and eating dinner was also the prime minister's second mistress and his oldest illegitimate son, much to the annoyance of the wife. She hated to share what was rightfully hers and that of her children. She couldn't stop his husband from taking in his mistresses after these greedy women knocked on his door and revealed their pregnancy.

She hated to see the smug faces of those who bewitched her husband, she hated to see them marry him and give birth to his children. Especially when these children have been male. The lady of the house also gave birth to a son, albeit much later than the second mistress, so she feared that bastard might inherit what was rightfully her son's.

The only thing the wife found amusing was, that her husband used his illegitimate children as tools for his power and status. Not that he treated his legitimate children much differently but there was one thing the lady of the house could be sure of. That her children would never suffer even when they were married off. They got paired up with the best of the best in this society, unlike those disgusting illegitimate children. Just thinking that her oldest daughter was now the mistress of the King of the Arabian vampires was making her hold her head high. And who knew? Maybe she would become the Queen one day. It was possible knowing that the health of the Arabian Queen wasn't as great as before and the King treasured her daughter greatly.

The wife of the prime minister had 4 daughters and while the oldest is now married to the King of Arabia, her other daughters were already married to wealthy men, except for one. Her second youngest daughter, Yang Mei, shall soon give birth to the heir to the throne. That thought alone made it possible for the wife to not pick a fight with that second mistress who loved to provoke her by showing just how much she was currently preferred by her husband.

That woman had one son, who was pestering the air in the dining room with his presence and unfortunately was also the oldest of all her husband's sons. He was a danger to her own son's inheritance and she hated him to the core. But as long as the prime minister thought of that bastard highly, she couldn't do anything.

That mistress also had a daughter. She went through her transformation a little over a hundred years ago which she almost didn't survive. And that certain daughter might be a bigger nuisance than initially thought because ever since her husband revealed his big plans for Yang Mei to give the King an heir, she knew that this mistress has been trying to change the prime minister's mind to send her own daughter into the King's bed.

'Bitch!' The wife thought hatefully. The only thing that managed to make her calm down was the fact that her husband denied his mistress. Which was the right thing to do.

'No one will take away what belongs to my daughter!' She thought and took another bite of her juicy steak. But she almost puked when she saw the mistress using her foot to provoke the prime minister who was able to pretend nothing was happening under the table. The mistress threw a smirk toward the wife and it angered her like nothing else.