Flashback: CAPRICORN (2)

Disclaimer: *All flashbacks are written in 3rd Person*

FLASH = Time Skip

*...After Capricorn's 1st day at Advanced Air Academy*

"You bring shame upon this family!" Mrs. Goaten scolds, her eyes blazing with anger.

Mr. Goaten steps forward, his brow furrowed in a disapproving glare. "You're going to have to do a lot better than that," he reproaches, his tone laced with contempt. "I mean, how do you lose?"

Capricorn keeps his head bowed, his expression one of resignation, "I underestimated her," he admits, a hint of irritation seeping into his voice. "It won't happen again."

"It better not!" Mrs. Goaten snaps, her finger jabbing accusingly at her son, her eyes narrowing to slits. "You only have one year, Capricorn. One year to prove yourself and take your rightful place as the leader of the Zodiacs!"

Capricorn sighs, his shoulders slumping with the sheer force of his family's relentless demands. "I know, I said-" he begins, only to be swiftly cut off by his mother's sharp tongue.

"Don't you ever think of talking back to me," Mrs. Goaten snarls, her gaze burning with an intensity that could melt steel.

Capricorn swallows hard, "I'm sorry," he murmurs, his voice strained and devoid of its usual confidence. "I'll do better."

Mr. Goaten scoffs, his scorn unmistakable. "You should apologize to the girl for wasting her time," he says, "We'll be in the car."

As his parents depart, Capricorn lets out a heavy sigh, his fingers clenching around the strap of his bag.

"You can come out now," Capricorn says, his gaze fixed on the invisible figure.

Aquarius materializes, her delicate features etched with a genuine concern that belies her earlier display of power. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry," she says, her voice soft as she approaches him cautiously.

Capricorn scoffs, his expression one of dismissal, his walls quickly rebuilding themselves. "Right," he mutters.

Undeterred, Aquarius steps closer, her azure eyes reflecting a genuine sense of empathy that seems to penetrate the barrier Capricorn has so carefully constructed. "You shouldn't let them treat you like that," she says, her voice firm yet compassionate.

Capricorn regards her with a hint of disdain, his jaw clenching. "Thanks," he says, his voice filled with sarcasm. "But you don't understand."

"No one deserves to constantly be told they're a failure," Aquarius insists, her brow furrowing with genuine concern.

"I am a failure." Capricorn snaps, the frustration evident in his tense posture. "I screwed up my winning streak because I lost my first duel on my first day of school."

Aquarius reaches up, her slender fingers deftly pulling her hair back into a messy bun as she speaks. "It's not a huge deal," she says, her tone reassuring. "You'll easily advance in the ranks with your kind of skill."

Capricorn's expression remains unconvinced, and Aquarius quickly adds, "For what it's worth, I thought you did an amazing job."

"I don't need your pity," Capricorn mutters, his gaze fixed on the ground, his pride clearly wounded. "None of that matters if I didn't win."

"That's not-" Aquarius begins, but Capricorn cuts her off, his voice tinged with frustration.

"Sorry for wasting your time," he says, turning to leave, his movements stiff and deliberate. "I'm going now."