POV: Sagittarius

Taurus yawned, mixing the batter for the second batch of cupcakes. "Why did I have to help you set this up again?"

"Cause you're a better cook than me," I tell him, putting a finger in the batter before tasting it.

"But I'm way too tired for this shit" he complains.

Today's the day. The weekend came faster than expected, and I woke up early to finish gathering everything I needed to give Gemini the best surprise date she could ever have.

"How are you always so tired?". Aquarius giggles, decorating the cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles from the first batch.

Since she is Gemini's best friend, I thought it would be okay to fill her in on the details. So far, she's been useful in telling me what foods Gem likes to eat.

Taurus begins to shrug, and slightly after, Scorpio enters the kitchen.

"Just what the hell are you guys doing?" Scorpio asks, walking past us to grab a glass.

"You're up rather early." Taurus remarks, filling cupcake liners with batter

"Yeah, I got thirsty."

"Great, you can help us." I say, tossing an apron in his direction.

"What?" he asks, catching the apron with his free hand.

"Yeah, we need you to make sandwiches." I tell him, cutting up some fruit for an assortment.

Scorpio scoffs lightly, "Why would I help you? What is this even for?"

"It's for Gemini, and you'll help because you're a nice guy." Aquarius says, pulling on his cheek before he gently grabs her hand away. "Plus they're going on a date," she grins.

She looked more excited than me and she wasn't even going.

"Okay fine," he mutters, sitting down his glass and slapping the apron onto my chest.

He glares at me before whispering, "Just so you know, I'm only helping you because she's here."

I laugh aloud before putting the apron aside and getting back to my task.

Scorpio and I were close friends, even if he never admitted it. I was possibly the only one who knew about his crush on Aquarius. We were a strange pair, complete opposites. Similar to a black cat and a golden retriever friendship.

When I first met him, he kept to himself and was pretty much closed off to everyone but the water signs. There was this time he had opened up to me, even though we hardly knew each other. Since then, we've been friends, and he's slowly let down his guard around the others.

...

I filled the rest of the basket with a wine bottle and some candy.

"That should be it," I say aloud to myself.

The others had already left to go back to sleep. I checked through everything one more time, making sure everything was perfect. Nothing can go wrong today. I stopped to think for a second.

Something's missing.

I snap my fingers the second I realize.

We're going to need a blanket.

I run to the living room, looking through a small storage shelf. I find the red and white checkered blanket, and I quickly grab it before the other signs wake up.

Phase 1: Complete.

Now onto Phase 2: Permission.

Maybe that should've been phase 1, if Capricorn says no then all this work will go to waste.