POV: Leo (Part 3)

"Would you please stop staring at me?" Virgo says, her voice laced with annoyance as she continues to highlight sentences in her notebook.

"Sorry," I mutter, quickly averting my gaze. I make an effort to refocus my attention on what the instructor is saying, but my thoughts are scattered. Resting my elbow on the desk, I place my hand against my cheek, trying to gather my thoughts.

The weekend has passed by in a blur. Ever since Virgo revealed her feelings to me, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I had expected things to become awkward between us after that, but instead, we chose to ignore the confession and reverted back to our usual arguments. However, something had changed. I couldn't look at her in the same way anymore, but I couldn't quite comprehend the emotions swirling within me either. This was a feeling I had never experienced before, not with Libra or anyone else I had dated.

I couldn't help but steal another glance at Virgo. A thought lingers in my mind - Libra thinks that I like Virgo...

The more I observe her, the more I find myself questioning the validity of that belief. How could it possibly be true?

The thought of being romantically involved with her is...

Actually, it sounds really nice.

'What the fuck Leo? Shut the hell up.' I scold myself internally.

'No, you shut the hell up.' I retort silently

Oh my stars, I'm actually talking to myself. I shake my head and steal another glance at Virgo, attempting to get a good look at her. Sensing my gaze, she interrupts my scrutiny.

"Seriously, what is it?" she asks, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Nothing, jeez," I reply defensively. "I'm just looking at the door."

Rolling her eyes, she swiftly shifted her attention back to the lesson at hand. With a determined resolve, she resumed writing neatly in her notebook, as if my momentary lapse in behavior was inconsequential and easily dismissed. Her focused and composed posture indicated a desire to maintain a sense of normalcy, pushing aside any lingering discomfort. To my surprise, a new student enters the room, breaking the monotony. The instructor introduces him as Cygnus, a constellation with the spectral type of A2 la.

Suddenly, everyone's attention is captivated. Constellations hold great significance in our world. They serve as leaders of star groups and possess the ability to glimpse into the future. Unfortunately, they can only share information about people's lives with other stars, leaving the rest of us with their advice to alter our paths. The clarity of their visions depends on their spectral types—some have a clear view, while others see a future shrouded in uncertainty.

"Nice to meet you all," Cygnus greets us, waving in our direction. I observe as he ascends the small steps towards the desks, searching for a seat.

"Mind if I sit here?" he asks, directing his question towards Virgo. In a moment of impulsiveness, I instinctively grab Virgo by the waist and pull her closer to me.

"She's taken," I accidentally blurt out. "I mean, the seat is taken."

"No, it's not. It's empty," Cygnus counters, his expression challenging my claim.

"Leo, what are you doing?" Virgo says, moving my hand away from her side.

"He can't sit here," I whisper urgently.

"That's a constellation you're talking to, idiot," she mutters. "Show some respect."

"What's the commotion over there?" the instructor inquires, momentarily disrupted from the lesson.