POV: Libra (Part 4)

"I hope you're not mad," Pisces says, her arms folded, and her face etched with regret. "It's just that I panicked."

I let out a chuckle, trying to maintain a composed exterior as I slammed my locker door shut. "Why would I be mad?" I reply.

The discussion about the Capricorn and Pisces situation was intentionally avoided until the next day when school had come to an end.

"Because you like Capricorn, don't you?" she asks, her grip tightening on the straps of her backpack.

I take a deep breath, attempting to maintain a façade of indifference. "Pi, I'm so over that," I lie, forcing a nonchalant tone. "If you want him, take him."

Her gaze briefly shifts towards Cancer, and I feel my heart twist with a sense of betrayal. It's a painful reminder that my feelings for Capricorn are far from extinguished.

"Look, I know you like Capricorn," I say, mustering the courage to address the truth. "And I'm telling you, it's fine."

"You like Capricorn?" Cancer asks, lifting her eyes from her phone, unaware of the brewing storm.

Pisces hesitates for a moment, searching for the right words. "Well, I-" she begins, her voice trailing off.

Before Pisces can respond, I step in, my voice filled with restrained anger. "She likes him," I confirm, my eyes fixed on Pisces.

Pisces' gaze falls to the floor, her shoulders slumped, visibly uncomfortable under the weight of the situation. "There's no need to hide it," I continue, my tone tinged with a hint of bitterness.

"It feels awkward talking about it" Pisces murmurs.

"Fine, we can talk about something else." Cancer suggests.

(Play the audio above...)

(Someone Gets Hurt By Mean Girls (2024) (Colour Coded Lyrics) – Youtube)

As the conversation shifted, I felt overwhelmed by thoughts of past betrayals.

First Aquarius,

Then Virgo,

And now Pisces.

I blame myself for trusting her. Now she's going to betray me, just like everyone else did.

Unless...

The idea of hurting her before she hurt me consumed me, and revenge became my focus. But if I'm going to get revenge then I need to start at the very beginning...

I need to start with Aquarius. No, it'll be too difficult to break her so quickly. I shifted my focus to Pisces, she seemed more vulnerable and an easier target. I would need to work my way up to Virgo, then Gemini, and ultimately Aquarius.

"Libra?" Cancer's voice cuts through my thoughts, and I snap back to reality.

"What?" I respond, my attention fully on her.

"Were you even listening?" she asks, a hint of frustration in her voice.

"No," I admit truthfully. "What were we talking about?"

Cancer sighs, "I was saying that maybe I should confess my feelings to Scorpio," she informs me.

So far, Cancer is the only one on my side. I believe I can trust her; she's head over heels for Scorpio, and her dislike for Aquarius is no secret.

I should use that to my advantage.

"I don't think so" I reply, my tone dismissive. "You're practically setting yourself up for rejection," I said callously, disregarding her feelings.