POV: Cancer (Part 1)

I knock on Scorpio's door, my heart racing with eager anticipation of the time we'll get to spend together. I hear shuffling in the room for a couple of minutes before the door slowly swings open, and my breath catches in my throat as Scorpio's eyes widen with surprise at the sight of me.

"Cancey?" he calls out, his voice groggy and tinged with an undercurrent of confusion that does nothing to diminish his irresistible allure.

"Hey," I smile, my hands fidgeting nervously behind my back as I struggle to contain my excitement.

"Hi?" he says, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he leans against the doorframe, folding his sculpted arms across his chest in a casual, almost teasing manner. "Uh...what are you doing here?"

"You promised to help me make breakfast for the others," I remind him, striving to keep my tone light and playful, despite the butterflies fluttering wildly in the pit of my stomach.

"Oh..." he says, realization slowly dawning on his features. He glances briefly over his shoulder before returning his gaze to me, a subtle shift in his expression. "Shit," he mutters, moving away from the doorway and uncrossing his arms. He places a hand on the doorframe, the other hand reaching up to wipe his face, his eyes closing momentarily as if chastising himself. "Sorry, was that today?"

"Yeah?" I say, my brow furrowing in confusion at his reaction. "You're coming, right?" I ask, searching his face for any sign of hesitation, desperate to have him all to myself.

He runs his hand slowly through his tousled, dark hair, the strands slipping between his fingers as his brow furrows in contemplation. "Is it cool if I take a rain check?" he asks, his voice low and a little sheepish.

"What?" I ask, a frown growing on my face as my heart sinks with disappointment at his words.

"It's just..." he starts, but then suddenly I see slender, feminine arms wrap around him from behind and he smiles, chuckling softly as he removes them. "Did I wake you?" He questions, his voice dropping to a warm, intimate register as he turns to face the newcomer.

Aquarius comes into view, her curves pressing against his side as he grabs her hand and pulls her close. She nods, a pout playing on her lips as she closes her eyes and once again wraps her arms around his muscular back, almost possessively. She wore a large graphic t-shirt only, the one I quickly recognized as Scorpio's. It was his favorite shirt and I hated that she was in it.

I clench the fabric of my uniform skirt, my heart pounding in my chest as I watch their openly intimate exchange.

"Come back to bed," she murmurs, her voice filled with yearning as she nuzzles her face into the crook of his neck.

"You miss me already?" He teases, a roguish grin playing on his lips as he gazes down at her with undisguised adoration.

Aquarius lifts her face, her heavy-lidded eyes meeting his with satisfied contentment. She seemed rather lost in the moment with him as I looked between them. Feeling the intensity of my stare, she glances over at me, her expression almost challenging as she presses her face into his chest as if staking her claim on him.

I flinch, the pain in my chest nearly overwhelming. Scorpio glances at me as if just now realizing I was there, standing frozen in the hallway. "I'm kind of busy," he says, shrugging his shoulders apologetically in a gesture that makes my stomach twist with jealousy. I stand there in disbelief as he slowly shuts the door, leaving me on the other side.

My heart shattered into a million pieces, my palms growing clammy as I was consumed by a whirlwind of emotions too overwhelming to even begin to process.