POV: Scorpio (Part 1)

Aquarius twirled gracefully, the shimmering silver fabric of her dress catching the light and casting a mesmerizing glow around her. The high slit up the side of the gown revealed enticing glimpses of her toned, shapely leg with each swirling movement. I was utterly captivated, my eyes unable to tear away from her beauty.

"Isn't it just beautiful?" she smiled radiantly, her full lips curving upwards as she reveled in the elegant ensemble.

She's simply breathtaking - a true vision of loveliness. Her silken hair is styled in a captivating half-up, half-down look, with two luscious tendrils delicately framing her delicate, porcelain features.

"Yeah, it is," I say, my voice low and thick with unabashed admiration, "but that's only because you're wearing it."

She stared at me, her eyes sparkling with a flirtatious glint, a soft giggle escaping her lips in response to my flattering remark.

In my room, as I was meticulously preparing for the evening's festivities, I was surprised by the sudden arrival of Aquarius who came to show off her dress. However, I was happy to know she wanted me to be the first to see her.

I stood in front of the mirror, glancing at myself as I adjusted my crisp blue tuxedo, "I hate wearing these fancy clothes," I admit, my voice tinged with a hint of discomfort.

"But you look great," she assures me, clinging adoringly to my arm as she gazes at our shared reflection. A soft smile tugs at the corners of my lips in response.

"Though I prefer your hair the usual way," she adds teasingly, and I chuckle warmly at her playful remark.

Wrapping my arm around her slender waist, I savored the warmth of her proximity, the sweet fragrance of her perfume intoxicating my senses. The other hand slips into my pocket as I admire the way we look standing side-by-side.

I was struck by how perfectly we complemented each other. The undeniable connection between us felt as natural as breathing, and I found myself questioning what was holding me back from making Aquarius truly mine.

-"You're scared."-

My eyes widened as the hand in my pocket clenched into a tight, trembling fist.

Maybe I was completely unsure of myself, or maybe deep down I knew that I was fighting my own battles and simply couldn't take on any more burdens for someone else. Or maybe...

"Scorp?" Aquarius suddenly calls out, her sweet, melodic voice cutting through the haze of my pensive, brooding thoughts and snapping me out of my inner turmoil.

"Hm?" I respond, my gaze reluctantly tearing away from the mirror to meet her captivating, doe-like eyes, my heart fluttering at the sight of her.

She giggles softly, the enchanting sound making my pulse quicken. "You zoned out just now," she points out, a teasing lilt to her voice that somehow manages to be both playful and endearing.

"Oh? Did I?" I ask, feigning innocence in a feeble attempt to conceal the storm of emotions swirling within me.

"You seem to do that pretty often," she observes, her tone playful yet tinged with a touch of concern as if she can sense the weight of my internal struggles.

"Sorry, I don't mean to," I apologize, guilt flickering across my features as I worry that my distant, distracted behavior may be upsetting her.

"It's okay," she reassures me, her delicate hand coming to rest affectionately on my arm as she lays her head against it. "It happens to me too, you know."

Maybe...I knew that I couldn't be loved by anyone.

-"Aquarius...she means everything to me"-