Flashback: CAPRICORN (1)

Disclaimer: *All flashbacks are written in 3rd Person*

FLASH = Time Skip

*...Two light years before the Zodiac Military Draft*

"Capricorn is a promising student - his academic skills are unparalleled, and his aptitudes in combat and magic are nothing short of remarkable," the principal pauses, his eyes sweeping over Capricorn's imposing form as if assessing the full extent of the young man's capabilities. "However, I'm afraid there's simply nothing left for us to teach him here at this institution. His talents have outgrown way beyond what we can provide."

Mrs. Goaten's brow furrows, a flicker of concern crossing her features as she uncrosses her long, shapely legs and leans forward, "Then where is my son supposed to continue his studies?" Mrs. Goaten asks, her voice slightly raised as her hand clenched tightly around her handbag. "Mr. Fields, Elysian Earth Academy is the best school in all the Earth realms!"

Mr. Fields' expression remains calm and composed. "That is why he should transfer to a school of a different element." He suggests.

Capricorn shifts in his seat, his piercing gaze narrowing slightly as he subtly glares at his principal.

"What? That's unheard of!" Mrs. Goaten exclaims, her voice rising with a hint of indignation. "Surely you can't be serious."

Mr. Fields keeps his gaze steady, completely unfazed by Mrs. Goaten's outburst. "You want your son to be the leader of the Zodiacs, correct?" he asks as he folds his hands atop the polished mahogany desk.

Mr. Goaten's arms fold across his broad chest, and he nods in affirmation, his stern expression unwavering. "That's right," he speaks up.

"Then I can assure you that this is the best option for him." Mr. Fields continues, his fingers deftly sorting through the papers on his desk.

Retrieving a school prospectus, the principal hands the thick stack of documents to Mr. Goaten. "I'd recommend Advanced Air Academy," he says, "Their current top student is sure to give him a run for his money."

Mr. Goaten accepts the documents, his brow furrowing as he scans the information. His wife leaned in, peering over his shoulder as her manicured fingers delicately traced the words on the page.

"You see, this particular school is attended primarily by all the zodiac air signs." The principal explains, "It would be an excellent opportunity for Capricorn to forge connections and bond with his future comrades before he is officially drafted."

The Goatens exchange a weighted glance, a silent understanding passing between them.

"Additionally," Mr. Fields adds, his voice commanding their attention once more, "if the King were to see that Capricorn can excel as the top student in any school, regardless of element, then he is sure to secure the position."

"The problem is," Mr. Fields continues, rising from his chair to escort the Goatens out, "Capricorn will only have one light year to prove himself before Elite Lucas selects a leader."

...

"We'll pick you up later," Mrs. Goaten says, her hand giving Capricorn's shoulder a gentle, reassuring squeeze.

"Yes," Capricorn nods, his gaze shifting from his parents to the principal before he turns and makes his way out of the office.

As he approaches his locker, Capricorn's brow furrows at the sight that greets him - Taurus, his longtime companion, is entangled in a passionate make-out session with a faceless girl, their bodies pressed against the cool metal surface. Capricorn can't help but feel a twinge of annoyance, his deep voice cutting through the heated moment.