POV: Capricorn

"Cap!" Scorpio calls out to me from afar.

The last bell of the day had rung, and I was ready to get home after a long day of school.

"What now?" I groan, putting the books back into my locker.

"So funny story," Scorpio starts, "but we need you to get us out of detention."

"We?" As I turned to face him, my attention was caught by Pisces, who was hiding behind him. "How the hell did you both get detention?"

"I don't know, Mrs. Skies just freaked on us this morning."

"I highly doubt that. What foolishness did you drag Pisces into?" I ask suspiciously.

"I swear I didn't do anything this time," he says, putting his hands up.

My gaze shifts towards Pisces, whose demeanor carries a sense of shame, as her eyes remain cast downward.

"Why'd you wait till the last minute to tell me this," I grumble, fully annoyed I had to bail them out of trouble.

Scorpio shrugs, "Slipped my mind."

While I would've just let him face the consequences, Pisces also had detention...and she never gets into trouble. So, I took Scorpio's word for it.

"Fine, stay put." I tell them, slamming my locker door before marching to Mrs. Skies' office.

On the way, I find Sunny who I assumed was heading home.

Great.

"Hey, Cap!" She smiles at me.

I hated how she acted like everything was okay between us like she never did anything wrong to begin with. Since her arrival at the school, she had been constantly reaching out through texts and calls, seemingly trying to regain my favor. I couldn't help but feel like her intentions were to use me, just like she had done in the past.

"Busy," I mutter, walking around her.

Sunny scoffs, "Doing what?"

"I need to get my friends out of detention." I began to explain to her, noticing that she had changed her course and was now following me down the hall.

"Well do you have a second?" she asks, her arms behind her back.

"No," I mumble.

"Then may-." she tries to say, but I interrupt her.

"Sunny now isn't the time" I shout, and she flinches a little at my sudden outburst.

"Sorry," I mutter. "I'm just not ready to talk about that yet."

"When will you be ready?" she mumbles.

"I don't know."

She doesn't say anything for a minute before muttering, "Fine. I'll give you your space."

See, now I just feel like an asshole.

She heads towards the school exit, while I continue along my path, each of us going our separate ways.

...

"...we must prepare for the evil we're currently facing in this universe. Therefore, it would be more beneficial for them to prioritize training rather than squandering valuable time in detention." I explain to Mrs. Skies.

She laughs, "Capricorn you may be the leader of the zodiacs, but you are not my superior. Scorpio and Pisces have detention and that's final."

I shoot her a glare as she diverts her attention back to her computer screen.